USA DJI supplies might be in sort supply soon

Wow, TROs aren't issued lightly so Colin must have a strong case. That list of 31 is probably a who's-who of US distributors and if it includes the likes of Amazon, B&H and other large disties then you're right, supplies are going to get really tight. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see big price increases once those holding stock fully understand the situation. (Gotta love supply and demand!)

gmtx said:
Wow, TROs aren't issued lightly so Colin must have a strong case. That list of 31 is probably a who's-who of US distributors and if it includes the likes of Amazon, B&H and other large disties then you're right, supplies are going to get really tight. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see big price increases once those holding stock fully understand the situation. (Gotta love supply and demand!)

Actually, nothing prevent those 31 distributors/dealers from purchasing their DJI products through another distribution channel. I don't believe that we are going to see a shortage of products. An equitable remedy, such as a permanent injunction would not apply, since there is a remedy at law (monetary damages).

I see this case being removed to US district Court in the not to distant future. US District Courts have a different view of TROs when there is a remedy at law, such as monetary damages.

Huh.. so Colin controls 'Dajiang North America' too...
I think DJI is in a deeper problem than I first thought.

LeoS said:

Nah... Colin is just a temporary distraction. One way or another they'll buy him off. DJI has bigger issues & that's customer service and followup. The more folks that get ignored via customer service phone & emails, the more doors open for competitors. And you can bet they're coming...

EMCSQUAR said:
LeoS said:

Nah... Colin is just a temporary distraction. One way or another they'll buy him off. DJI has bigger issues & that's customer service and followup. The more folks that get ignored via customer service phone & emails, the more doors open for competitors. And you can bet they're coming...

Their horrible customer service haven't stopped any of us from knowingly buying tens of thousands of these things in spite of it. Though you have to wonder how many more they would have sold otherwise.

EMCSQUAR said:
LeoS said:

Sure it's cheaper to buy him off than to lose their US channel... but it's definitely (financially) cheaper before he puts on all these legal grandstanding moves :mrgreen:

Good thing DJI china filed their own trademarks in US, not Colin.

EMCSQUAR said:

This. DJI gear is flying off the shelves (no pun intended). Colin may have created a NA distribution network for them but he didn't create the multi-rotor market and that market is booming. If they're smart, they'll throw a big check at him to go away.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik