URGENT battery help needed

Reaction score
Hi guys, first off, awsome forum super usefull.
Need a bit of help regarding batteries.
Will be buying phantom fc40 soon (Live in south america, rarely go to US so must get purchase right) - also on a bit of a budget

what's a better option to buy?

1) extra charger (having two in total counting the one that comes with the phantom) and 3 extra 2200 dji stock batteries (having 4 total)
or
2) 2 2700 lectron pro´s and no extra charger?

both options cost about the same but was wondering if it wouldn't be better option 1 since I get faster charging (by parallel) and can go back out to the field in no time and have 40 minutes (in 4 different batteries)

Also, Is there a way to be able to change the battery in the field without powering out the phantom (as I understand it when you change the battery it shuts down and you have to do the turning on sequence again right?

Many thanks!! only have a few days left to make final purchase!!

I would go for 4x2200. And the extra charger.

If you use a split cable you can keep power to the phantom while changing them one by one.
2 2200 batteries is quite heavy but you can get 13-18 minutes depending on total payload.

Maybe the 2700's are too heavy to run them in pairs I don't know. I suspect that the flight time will be 15-20 minutes or when run single 8-15 minutes.

I use a pair of 2200. With a total weight of almost 1400 grams (Gopro, gimbal, dual batteries, FC40 camera) it gives me 13 minutes max and 18 minutes without Gopro and Gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik