Upstate South Carolina

Capt KO

Capt KO
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hello from Florida. 😎 fellow P4P pilot, plus a few xtra.

The forum has been here a while so the search function, hourglass, may be a place to start learning from others previously. Mistakes make us learn to be better. Better still, when it’s somebody else. 😄

Reactions: phaser2

Capt KO

Capt KO
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Be sure to ask here before buying anything for your bird. Some work but Many Don’t.
Gimble guards that send you to the moon (blocked sensors)
ND lenses so heavy the camera won’t tilt or stays down.
Aftermarket cables that fail instantly or soon after.

Ask and will try to aim you in the right direction. eventually

Reaction score
Hello from Greenwood, SC. Just got a P4P and want to learn to fly to make some videos to put behind wife's music. I am sure I will be seeking lots of advice as time goes by. Happy and safe flying everyone.
Congratulations! I have a P4A, MA2 and MM. I know you will have so much fun flying and making the videos. Start a YouTube if you don't have one already. I look forward to seeing videos and hearing your wife's music. More importantly...Fly safe.

Reaction score
Hello from Greenwood, SC. Just got a P4P and want to learn to fly to make some videos to put behind wife's music. I am sure I will be seeking lots of advice as time goes by. Happy and safe flying everyone.

Hi Thomas and welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for getting good advice from the many real experts who contribute their knowledge freely. Any questions or issues then just ask and someone will already know the answer.

I would recommend that you aim to learn gradually rather than dive right in and fly long distances near tall trees on hills etc. If at possible link up with a buddy who is already an experienced Phantom pilot. Choose a nice piece of flat open ground for your first flights. Select 'Beginner Mode' in the DJI GO4 app. Don't fly high, say below 30M, and keep the drone within say 10-100M. This way you will have a good view of the drone and be able to clearly see the way the drone is responding to your stick movements. Practise flying the drone directly away from you and also directly towards you so you understand the required stick movements. Don't be in a rush - learn at your own pace. Learn to use all the data displayed on the screen - your height, distance speed etc. Look at the map and practise using it to fly the drone home (pretending that you can't see it). Practise using the RTH so that you become familiar and confident - before you get yourself in to a real 'emergency' situation. Most of all - have fun.

If you don't already have a video editing package then I would recommend that you check out Davinci Resolve which you can download for free. YouTube has loads of tutorial videos to quickly get you up and running.

All the best, Martin

Reactions: RotorWash_UAV

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawprospect11