Upload Litchi Missions on Ground

Reaction score
Quick question: launching my Phantom and then using precious battery time while a Litchi mission uploads in the air seems a waste. Is it possible to load a Litchi mission while the drone is idling on the ground, then hit the “play” button and have the drone auto-takeoff and fly the mission?

Is it possible to load a Litchi mission while the drone is idling on the ground, then hit the “play” button and have the drone auto-takeoff and fly the mission?
Absolutely it is. Just make sure you have Auto-Takeoff enabled and it will work just fine...You don't even need to start the motors...Load your mission, start and off you go..

Yep, that's the only way I have ever done it.
Let Litchi start the motors!

Rod

Reactions: athearnsd45
Awesome, thanks much for the replies! I assume the Phantom will rise vertically to the altitude of the first waypoint vs. moving diagonally while ascending?

Awesome, thanks much for the replies! I assume the Phantom will rise vertically to the altitude of the first waypoint vs. moving diagonally while ascending?
I would place a waypoint close to home if you aren’t in an open area, you may end up hitting something otherwise as the max ascent speed is significantly slower than horizontal so your AC may follow a vector on the way to WP1 that puts it in harms way.

I finally got a chance to try this today, it worked beautifully! Powered up the bird, but didn't start the motors. Uploaded the mission, hit "play" - the motors started, and away she went! I noticed she ascended vertically to the mission height before proceeding horizontally, which is optimal. Thanks again for the tips.

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.