Upgrading wifi

I suppose in theory if you upgrade a transmitter with a better quality or more powerful transmitter, there is a potential for improvement, but I've never heard of anybody doing that on a Phantom. Sounds like a big headache to me.

What would you upgrade or upgrade to what?
I see wifi upgrades online, I assume it just improves the wifi signal strength. I don't see how that helps me because my device is 5 inches away from the stock wifi transmitters.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

I suppose in theory if you upgrade a transmitter with a better quality or more powerful transmitter, there is a potential for improvement, but I've never heard of anybody doing that on a Phantom. Sounds like a big headache to me.
I agree but is the slight improvement worth the cost of new antennas and cables?

Upgrading the WiFi will get you better FPV while flying. If you can go farther than your video then maybe you might want to.
You can check out the ARGtek upgrade to your controller.
Look at this thread: DBS vs ARGtek

The wifi signal is from the rc antenna right? The wifi antennas just send a signal to see the video correct?

Wifi antenna is inside the controller. The rc controls antenna is externally mounted on the standard.

I'm confused. Your first post said you wanted to upgrade your transmitter. Why do you keep giving us links to antennas?

I'm confused. Your first post said you wanted to upgrade your transmitter. Why do you keep giving us links to antennas?
... I asked if I did upgrade my wifi transmitters would it improve anything, I gave you a link to a wifi and rc antenna upgrade.

Youngblood I know you have already read what you ask in the other antenna threads and not sure where you are going with this .
What you ask you can read about in several threads . Here's one DBS vs ARGtek

Reactions: Mark The Droner
My antenna upgrade Bud. :)
monker thumbup.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1