Upgrading to the E310 tuned propulsion system

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to upgrading the version 3 to the new E310 tuned propulsion system? I am thinking about moving my ESCs and motors from the V3 to my v2 but can't decide whether there are and advantages. Would love input from someone more knowledgeable and experienced...

I upgraded mine to the Tiger Motor KV 920 Anti Gravity T Motors. It was recommended to me from the dealer I purchased my phantom from. Since the motors I had were the single wire & possible problems with ESC's for those motors, I replaced with a motor that is comparable to that ESC & is not a single strand wire. Not that experienced but it was a option that was not expensive & seemed like It was a good idea.

Larry L, I'll take a look at those motors - one thing I like about the 310's is there is a connection for an additional lamp mounted at the end of the motor arm, to help with orientation - I like that idea.

Cahutch, you are probably right in that there's no real advantage, flight-wise. But part of my reasoning is I enjoy tinkering and upgrading, just the process and research I find enjoyable. The kit is only $159, but it look's like the same 2312 motors with a new ESC, stranded wire and bullet connectors...

Still undecided...

Edonovani, that sounds pretty cool with the light option. I looked at them & they look pretty cool. I really haven't noticed any less flight time with the T. Motors.

I doubt there would be any reduced flight time due to the improved performance and prop design, and probably not noticeable switching from the DJI 2312 motors, more from the 2212's or the Phantom 1 motors. Not sure about any improvement in the speed controller so still researching that. Probably best to do as an upgrade after a crash, and since my P2V+V2 craft only will be here tomorrow so I can practice in manual, I'll probably need an upgrade soon anyway!

Wish me luck!

edonovanl said:
I doubt there would be any reduced flight time due to the improved performance and prop design, and probably not noticeable switching from the DJI 2312 motors, more from the 2212's or the Phantom 1 motors. Not sure about any improvement in the speed controller so still researching that. Probably best to do as an upgrade after a crash, and since my P2V+V2 craft only will be here tomorrow so I can practice in manual, I'll probably need an upgrade soon anyway!

Wish me luck!
Luck wished!

Hi people, Just got my E310 today, all excited till I saw the ESC's..... They are huge and will not fit my Vision+.... Bit off more than I can chew I guess, will have to sell the system. Not so much fun so far, this hobby????(%&^)#@)(!#@%

Mike C said:
Hi people, Just got my E310 today, all excited till I saw the ESC's..... They are huge and will not fit my Vision+.... Bit off more than I can chew I guess, will have to sell the system. Not so much fun so far, this hobby????(%&^)#@)(!#@%
Just go out and fly - that's the way to have fun with a Phantom/
Why do people want to "upgrade" their motors?
It's not like it's going to go faster or fly longer.
Lots of $$ and effort for what?

I agree, Meta4 - I doubt I would see any improved performance from my current V2 motors and the 9450 props, so I'm sticking with them. My P2V+V2 flies like a bat outa hell and stops on a dime so I can't see it getting any better. But then, I'm flying without a camera so the lighter weight is significant...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4