Upgrading to new phone - DJI GO app concerns

Reaction score
I have been using an iPad Air for the DJI Go app but am about to lose it (retiring and have to give it back to my employer). I am about to upgrade my phone and am strongly considering the Samsung Note. I checked the DJI website for compatibility to the Note but it seems very out of date. Does anyone know the latest version of the Note that is compatible with the DJI Go software?

Thanks for your help!
Jim

I have been using an iPad Air for the DJI Go app but am about to lose it (retiring and have to give it back to my employer). I am about to upgrade my phone and am strongly considering the Samsung Note. I checked the DJI website for compatibility to the Note but it seems very out of date. Does anyone know the latest version of the Note that is compatible with the DJI Go software?

Thanks for your help!
Jim
This is the current list from DJI on phone/tab comparability.

• iOS 8.0 or later
  • Android 4.1.2 or later
Recommended Devices
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

It seems to keep in line with everything that it was compatible with before. For example the iPad mini 4 works fine with it. From conversations I've had here, it seems the software can and differently from one phone and OS to the next.

JimMoore, DJI doesn't have too many compatible devices listed on their website. You can find a list of devices commonly used by Phantom pilots here.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Be sure to sync your existing flight records before you turn in your iPad. That way you will have them on your new device.

My note 4 worked great with my p3s. Had issues with phone battery draining quickly during one 20 minute flight, so I purchased a galaxy tab 4 7 inch. It's now mine designated tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20