Upgrading p4 no more bin files just plug and download

Seems DJI is going back to the Phantom 2 Vision+ style of firmware upgrading. I wonder what the plan is if one only has a tablet and no computer?

Reactions: nfilipek
I looked forward to updates. So I will miss the bin file rigmarole. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Is that Microsoft Windows Speak? Ones and zeros...
Dot dot dot dash dash.

RedHotPoker

Im pretty sure if we have money to buy a $1400 toy, we'll definitely gonna have a computer laying around somewhere ;)

Nope, i have 2 ipads and an iphone. Haven't used a laptop or a pc for over 3 yrs and dont intend to buy one either [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mike Mauk
No computer? I would hate to actually type something really long on a tablet. I also enjoy having a 19" and 27" monitor at the same time.

No computer? I would hate to actually type something really long on a tablet. I also enjoy having a 19" and 27" monitor at the same time.

I dont do really long typing my friend [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone who doesn't have a computer and just tablet and phone devices is pretty much a media consumer in all sense and not a media creator. :)

Reactions: JonEQuest
Anyone who doesn't have a computer and just tablet and phone devices is pretty much a media consumer in all sense and not a media creator. :)

Yes you're probably correct. I dont particularly want to 'create' any media lol

No? now Apple signed on, so you will all have to buy a new iMac... ;-)
image.jpeg

How can you manage your new drone without one, these days?. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Where exactly is this video?
Isn't it up there, ^ In the first post of this thread? ;-)

You can't jump in mid thread... That's unethical.
Diabolical even!! Hahaha J/K

Another New era, times, they are a changin'.
When I updated the firmware in my Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, it had to be plugged into a Windows computer with a micro USB cable, to run its update and to bind the Spektrum DX8 radio type.

RedHotPoker

Upgrade Firmware and the P4 hasn't even been fully released?
I thought upgrades were meant to address issues found after the product release, not before.
I wonder how many FW updates I will have to do as soon as I get mine?

Things aren't what they used to be...sigh, - did the DJI engineers go to the Microsoft University for Excellence?

Just to clarify - I will be getting one in the first shipment because I love my P3A and I would like to add another beauty to my harem.

It's just an instructional video, is all. Kindly giving us all, an early heads-up, of what to expect and look forward to, too.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik