Upgrading my P2 (Lightbridge, H3-3D etc..)

Reaction score
Hi - have hunted for some of this info - but haven't found it in one place...

I have a P2 with a H3-2D (jan 14) with GoPro 3. I also bought the iosd mini and the bluetooth data link.

I would love to upgrade to H3-3D with GoPro 4. I'd also like to add the Lightbridge.

What traps, pitfalls and workarounds do I need to be aware of? For example, I read I will lose the Bluetooth functionality...is there any workaround for this? Will the H3-3D just be a plug and play upgrade?

Lot of money so wanted comfort from all u experts!

Thanks.

There are some issues between Lightbridge and the Hero 4. If you shoot 1080 it should be fine. But if you shoot 2.7k or 4K, the Hero 4 will reduce the HDMI output to 480p and Lightbridge currently doesn't like it. The reason the GoPro does this is it is using most of the processing power to record the image.

Thx, I presume that will be a firmware fix that isn't too difficult to execute.

I also read that I will lose the ground station functionality and elsewhere I have read confusing reports on whether my existing P2 transmitter/control will work...I also read that there are issues with the H3-3D and the GP4 and I also read that the H3-2D, H3-3D upgrade is not plug and play....but for every article I read that says one thing some other view says something else...so I'm very confused!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers