Upgrading from P3A to P3PRO

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What would be the cheapest way for me to upgrade my P3A to a P3PRO? Anyone on this forum, who would sell me a camera/gimbal from a pro?

It is pretty easy but u must install Pro firmware. It will function without the firmware but the fan on the camera will not work. Check with me when u are ready to do it as I may have a Pro 4k by then. I am working on getting a couple of good used ones. I have Advanced cameras for sale and I repair cameras. I am sure someone on here will have a Pro 4k right now if u want to get started. A used 4k is about $300 or less

Sounds good Ted. Do you do trade-ins as well? If so, what would the trade price be if you got my P3A camera/gimbal in trade of one of your 4K PRO?'s

I have never done that but I would say $125 or so depending on your camera and the one I have.
Hey Ted - what about going the other way? P3a cam on a p3p? Just load the advanced firmware on it?

Yes if you do the new update. they finally combined them
If that's the case and I have 1.9 on the p3p, the cam should just work plug and play then, yeah?

Edit: and thank you guys for the inputs

Don, GO for it - I did and it was the best upgrade I've ever done! FPV quality so much better. And super easy to swap them out.

Interesting, do you have a link or source for this? When I go to their website, pro and adv still have different files to download for pro vs advanced

Adv: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.zip
Pro: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.zip
Sorry, I could be wrong. I thought I read it some where.

I just upgrade my P3a to P3p camera+gimble last week. The quality of live stream is a lot better thanks to higher bitrate. However, it seems it became more susceptible to interference as well. The lowest bitrate for the 4K pro camera is 4 Mbps versus 2 Mbps for the advanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan