Upgrading Firmware Issues!!!!

Reaction score
Just received my drone (slightly used >2hrs flight) for Christmas. Go App is asking for Firmware Updates for Camera and Aircraft. Tried several time to do so following video instruction etc.. No good. Switched SD Card to a new one, it worked. Or so we thought. After 20mins of "Updating" the Camera light went Red. Checked SD on computer, sure enough file said "failed:. Tried again. Same thing. Turned off drone, then back on again. The drone started "updating" again. Still no good (Red light at end of 20min.) Go App is still asking for Firmware Updates for Camera and Aircraft. Took drone outside and calibrated it. Got the unit flying up and way! So happy, but the Go App is still asking for the firmware updates. WTF?? Do I really need them? Please help I'm so confused as to what is going on. Thanks

Just received my drone (slightly used >2hrs flight) for Christmas. Go App is asking for Firmware Updates for Camera and Aircraft. Tried several time to do so following video instruction etc.. No good. Switched SD Card to a new one, it worked. Or so we thought. After 20mins of "Updating" the Camera light went Red. Checked SD on computer, sure enough file said "failed:. Tried again. Same thing. Turned off drone, then back on again. The drone started "updating" again. Still no good (Red light at end of 20min.) Go App is still asking for Firmware Updates for Camera and Aircraft. Took drone outside and calibrated it. Got the unit flying up and way! So happy, but the Go App is still asking for the firmware updates. WTF?? Do I really need them? Please help I'm so confused as to what is going on. Thanks
Updating the FW is your choice. It is not required, even if the app is telling you that an updated version is available. If your P3 is flying well and you are happy as you noted, I suggest you just enjoy.
If you do make the choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely.

If you are interested, click here for several more tips that I often share. Cheers!

What OSO said above is correct. You don't need to upgrade if you are happy with it.

In case you want to analyze further why SW upgrade failed, you should post txt file generated on your SD card after failed attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Updating the FW is your choice. It is not required, even if the app is telling you that an updated version is available. If your P3 is flying well and you are happy as you noted, I suggest you just enjoy.
If you do make the choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely.

If you are interested, click here for several more tips that I often share. Cheers!

OK. Thanks. New to this drone. Just wondering, what would be the benefits of updating?

what would be the benefits of updating?
You can take advantage of the latest features/fixes listed in the firmware release notes (you can download them here). Also, it's not uncommon for DJI to fix undocumented bugs in new firmware releases. For that reason, I always install new firmware after it's known to be a stable release.

I just got a Phantom 3 standard for Xmas and had problems installing the firmware updates too.. What I figured out is that I was connected to the Phantom WiFi but when it started downloading then said it was unable to because of the internet connection I went back to my WiFi screen and connected to my regular comcast home WiFi (not the Phantom) then switched back to the app screen and after about 30secs the update button turned blue again and I clicked and finished the firmware installation successfully..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4