Upgrades?

Reaction score
Looking for some insight from the veteran Phantom owners. I have stock, just bought. In order of priority/bang for the buck, what would be a good sequence of upgrades?

blackwolfk9 said:
Looking for some insight from the veteran Phantom owners. I have stock, just bought. In order of priority/bang for the buck, what would be a good sequence of upgrades?

It depends on how you like to fly ?...FPV?...Motion video quality? Still Photography?...Performance?

I bought mine for Real Estate, but the FAA hasn't really made it clear that its legal to enter commercial contracts without specific licensing etc.

So I primarily fly for fun and good stable videos with no jello.
Rotorpixel is an excellent upgrade for the Phantom 2 Vision if that is your interest. Plenty of antenna upgrades for the FPV'ers
There is flight data logging from Flytrex, as well as GPS locators and tracking options.

For range and control features.. UNOFFICIALLY... the Vision Plus V3 transmitter with the gimbal tilt wheel and the RE700 Range Extender both work with the Vision.

Zombie Taco said:
RCRookie said:
I bought mine for Real Estate, but the FAA hasn't really made it clear that its legal to enter commercial contracts without specific licensing etc.

The FCC will never give legal approval to enter into commercial contracts with your Phantom.

That's not necessarily true.
There is one Real Estate Agent who is also a pilot. The FAA gave him an exemption. So, under the right (bureaucratic) conditions , it may be possible. I think in time they may well loosen up on exemptions and business applications.

Arizona Realtor Becomes First to Get FAA Permission for Aerial Drone Photography
http://petapixel.com/2015/01/07/ari...-get-faa-permission-aerial-drone-photography/

Douglas Trudeau of Tierra Antigua Realty in Tucson, Ariz., today became the first real estate agent who can legally use a drone for real estate photography. If you have recently looked at the listings in your local MLS (or on Zillow and Redfin), you have likely seen plenty of images that could have only come from a drone. Under the FAA’s strict definition, however, those weren’t taken legally, as the agency still prohibits almost all commercial use of drones.

Trudeau, the FAA today announced, is authorized “to fly a Phantom 2 Vision+ quadcopter to enhance academic community awareness and augment real estate listing videos.” The Vision+ is currently the top-of-the-line model in DJI’s lineup of consumer drones (the $3,400 Inspire 1 doesn’t qualify as a consumer model in my eyes).

In addition, the FAA also granted another exception to Advanced Aviation Solutions in Spokane, Wash., which will use a fixed-wing eBee AG drone from senseFly for monitoring crops.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/06/fa...company-to-use-drones-for-aerial-photography/

In addition, the FAA also granted another exception to Advanced Aviation Solutions in Spokane, Wash., which will use a fixed-wing eBee AG drone from senseFly for monitoring crops.

says so right there...ALLOWED created an EXEMPTION??? HELLO!

You must really like to argue....the language is quite clear on what an exemption implies. An AUTHORIZATION by the FAA to operate a drone for commercial purposes.

Zombie Taco said:
RCRookie said:

says so right there...ALLOWED created an EXEMPTION??? HELLO!

You must really like to argue....the language is quite clear on what an exemption implies. An AUTHORIZATION by the FAA to operate a drone for commercial purposes.

Apparently you don't understand that there is a difference between the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration).

The FCC will never give legal approval to enter into commercial contracts with your Phantom, as you claimed. The article makes no mention of the FCC allowing anything.

A normal person would have quickly explained this.
A troll would handle it like, well, we've all just read how a troll would handle the explanation...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik