Upgraded to the new 8.5 inch props

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427790147.885659.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427790163.408820.jpg

Last edited:
LOL. I wish it was an April Fool's Day joke.
Now I have to try somehow to escape from work long enough to drive to the complete opposite side of town to buy another set of 9450's, and then spend the night dyeing them again, because tomorrow morning I'm heading off on a trip and want to take the quad along with me, and of course, I want the props to be black again.
My daughter thinks I'm mad, and should just grab a set on the way out of town tomorrow and live with them being white. Silly daughters just don't understand these things ;)

And the shortened props was a run in with a tree branch. I actually thought it was going to stay up in the tree, it got hooked up on the prop-guard (which didn't guard THIS prop very well) and it was touch and go as to whether she was going to come down.

Amazingly, I didn't discover the broken prop when it came down, as it regained flight on the way down, and seemed to be flying just fine, so didn't check it over (big mistake) so I flew it the entire rest of that battery, then swapped out two more batteries and flew them, before discovering the damaged prop as I was packing it all up.
Amazing that it compensated for the reduced lift on this one prop and kept flying just fine.

All this explanation seems to have fallen off the original message. Tapatalk on mobile is a bit dodgy with the new version of the forum at times. I posted via Tapatalk and seem to have lost the text part.

Apologies for my cynicism, but you can understand with the date and all. Sorry for your troubles too, and pleased you managed to recover her. Not met a woman yet that will ever really understand us boys and our toys, and what might seem trivial to them is a big issue. I wanted my 9450s to have the coloured stripes at the end, and took delivery of a complete set yesterday (31st). Not told the better half yet, I find it best to keep them in the dark, and hope it won't be noticed next time I fly. ;)

Funnily enough, I went into a hobby shop here to grab a replacement set before the trip away tomorrow, only to discover they'd sold out. I know they had some there last week, but they all had stripes on the tips, and I knew I'd be dyeing them, so wasn't sure whether the dye would also stain the stripes, or whether the stripes would stay unstained. So I didn't buy them at the time and ordered some online. I didn't realise I'd be wanting another set the very next week.
Looks like it's back to my learner-set. A set of the 9450's that came with the quad, that have a few little scratches and nicks on them, that I put aside for "when desperate" use.
I'd have plenty of spares had the store I bought the quad from, not screwed up. I bought the whole package with the one extra set of spares (the ones I dyed and just broke) and one set that I learned on, but I asked for a 3rd set at the time, and they accidentally gave me the 9443's, so I have 2x brand new in packet pairs of 9443's.
I could use them if I'm really really desperate, but I'm kind of used to the speed, lift, and thrust of the 9450's and not keen to go down to the 9443's without a good reason. While the learner set are still in usable condition, I'll switch back to them.

It did answer one question though - how deep does the dye soak in when you dye your props.
Apparently not very far going by those pictures.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4