Upgraded scroll wheel controller success stories

Reaction score
Just wondering who out there has purchased the new upgraded controller with the scroll wheel and had it work properly with the h3-2d gimbal I know a few of us have issues with the gimbal not staying in place when adjusted via the scroll wheel (constantly returning to a 45°) angle when scroll wheel is released.....

I own a vision plus with the old remote so I can only make assumptions with the ver 2 upgraded transmitter.

I think your transmitter set is to "basic" in the phantom assist 3.6. Try the "upgrade" mode in the Phantom assist 3.6.

Just to clarify
In the phantom assist 3.6 there is 2 options for the transmitter.

Upgrade Mode (new transmitter) = relative rate of travel. Simply the further you push it, the faster the camera will move. When you release, it will stop. This is the mode you want as the wheel has a return to centre spring/position. This behaves like the DJI app when you have the gyro on. This is much easier to fly and film.

Basic mode = absolute. Simply, the location of the wheel will reflect where it is looking. So if the wheel is at top, it will look up. If the wheel is at bottom, it will look down. If the wheel is at middle, it will look 45 degrees. This is not good with the new controller as the wheel has a return to centre and therefore will look at 45 degrees when released (note, for this to work, you must calibrate the X1 properly otherwise it will move only a few degrees). This is much more difficult to fly and film as you need to gradually control the cameras movements.

I hope this helps.. and correct me if I'm wrong..

For anyone interested the new upgraded controller is NOT compatible with 2d gimbal....
I just received this from Dji

M.S/DJI (DJI)
Nov 13 10:04

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for coming back to us.

The H3-2D is the culprit of this scenario since you need to switch to H3-3D to avoid this awkward situation, which means you don't have to hold the scroll wheel in position all the time so as to have a level view.

Let me put it in this way, the gimbal will basically maintain a 45° no matter what firmware you upgrade to if you stick with the 2D unless you pick 3D.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused accordingly and your understandings will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
MS

Well it was nice of DJI to tell us, after we bought the new v2 controller. I think DJI might be getting a few returns anytime soon, me for one.

I think MS from DJI needs a few lessons in deplomacy, if thinks its that easy, financially speaking, 'to switch' to a 3D gimbal 'to avoid this awkward situation' that they've created.

I'm not a happy hecter . . .

Oh there's more...

Hi Nick
Thank you for your kindly patience

We have requested our tech tested on Phantom 2 +H3-2D, and sorry to tell you that the gimbal also always returns to a 45° angle as you mentioned in the last email. L
Since H3-2D was discontinued for a long time and we forgot the test the remote on this gimbal but only H3-3D when we released the new remote control. Sorry for my last email, it does cannot work with H3-2D gimbal at the moment. Totally sorry about that. It is our faulty.
To resolve the issue, we will pick up the package back to our US warehouse and refund your money full. We will pay the postage this time.
If you can kindly agree that, Could you kindly provide us your pick up address and phone number? Once we received this package, we will refund your payment full. Thank you so much
Hope to hear from you soon then.
Kindly Regards
DJI

pwhitty said:
Is it possible to remove the 'springs' from the scrol wheel, just a thought.
That was a thought of mine as well.... Anyone feel like taking apart controller?

I found this thread after I bought the new controller. Same issue, I have a 2d gimbal and the camera always returns to 45ish degrees. I cracked open the controller and removed the return spring in the wheel. Now it works fine, well as in the position of the wheel is directly linked to the camera tilt, but now with no return spring. Easy mod, though the final screw you get to on the control wheel is a philips 000, which I had to go purchase as I didn't have one.

The solution to this problem is simple. Doesn't make sense why it works but it does. So much that DJI released a new RC assistant.

I had problems. 45 degrees. then herkey jerky movements. The only problem I have now is that it starts in the down position. It does however move correctly. if you push it up slightly it moves slow up. push fast it goes faster. let go it will stop.

Assuming that your gimbal is not bricked. If it is bricked you need to reset it. google it.. a pain in the *** process that took me several tries.

1. download the RC assistant. Connect your controller and calibrate the sticks AND the scroll wheel. (in the past there was no scroll wheel calibration... you just did it and then ended it. now supposedly the new one lets you calibrate it)

2. Connect to the P2 assistant and recalibrate sticks and scroll wheel.

cycle phantom and all should be good. except pointing down after initialization of which i spoke to a DJI rep and they are working on that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj