Upgraded remote / transmiter tilt control

Reaction score
I just connected my new upgraded remote to my phantom. I have yet to fly with it but all seems to work fine. My question is regarding the new tilt control wheel. With the old lever if I tilted the camera it would stay where I tilted it to. With the new setup the camera tilts when I move the wheel but when I let go of the dial it reverts back to the forward position. Is this a setting that I need to change to make it operate more like the old method or is there something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh by the way I have a phantom 1.1.1 and H3-3D so Im using the naza assistant not the p2 assistant software. I tried using the RC assistant too. Still no joy.

legrandphoto said:
I just connected my new upgraded remote to my phantom. I have yet to fly with it but all seems to work fine. My question is regarding the new tilt control wheel. With the old lever if I tilted the camera it would stay where I tilted it to. With the new setup the camera tilts when I move the wheel but when I let go of the dial it reverts back to the forward position. Is this a setting that I need to change to make it operate more like the old method or is there something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
E
Download last RC assistant and calibrate sticks... Then go to Naza assistant and select in RC tab Advanced instead Basic.

After a firmware update to the remote as well the gimbal I got the New remote to scroll wheel to tilt the camera smoothly. The only problem is that as soon as I let go of the wheel the camera goes back to the starting position. so I went back to the originaL remote. does anyone have any ideas?

jumanoc said:
Download last RC assistant and calibrate sticks... Then go to Naza assistant and select in RC tab Advanced instead Basic.

I did download the latest RC assistant and calibrated the sticks then calibrated them again in the Naza-M assistant but... I don't see where I can select between basic and advanced within the RC tab. The advanced tab has a gimbal setting is this what you are referring to? Are you referring to the Phantom assistant or the Naza-M assistant because The RC settings in the Naza-M assistant are different from what is in the Phantom Assistant.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 4.41.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 4.41.21 PM.png
    376.8 KB · Views: 600
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 4.40.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 4.40.53 PM.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 558
what version of the naza assistant are you using?

IN all the versions that came out sense the upgraded controllers. There should be a new choice under the rc tab of the naza assistant right under the part were it lets you do a basic stick calibration that should have a choice for the transmitter. upgraded radio or the basic version.
click image upload

J.James
Unfortunately the phantom 1 uses the Naza-M assistant not the Phantom assistant so I don't have access to switch between Transmitter versions.

Michael

ah I didnt catch that part about it being for a p1 But have you looked to see if there is any new software updates? cause I know there are some newer p1s that are shipping with the new upgraded controllers. But unfortunately the only person I know that has one that I was thinking of asking him if he has any thing in the software to tell it that hes using the upgraded controller. dont have a gimbals so he dont use the dial for any thing yet.

But I do know the spring can be easily taken out of the dials so it will stay were you move it to like the older models with a pitch control lever or knob.

Tho whats weird is with the new controllers if used on a p2 if you tell the naza assistant that you have a regular controller then the camera will always move back to center any time you let go of the dial and it springs back to the center.

Tho when it knows its one of the upgraded controllers the camera stays were you aim it even after letting go of the dial and the dial going back to the center point.

J.James I did try the trick with removing the spring and didnt care for that either. The dial was so loose it just didn't feel right. I returned the remote for now but will keep an eye out to see if there are future software updates.

I have a similar problem with getting my upgraded P2 remote tilt wheel to operate properly with my P2 ver.1. I've scoured this forum for all tips and tricks regarding this and I think I've covered everything except one item. I'm still using the H3-2D gimbal. I have not seen anyone mention if this older gimbal will work with the new tilt wheel without snapping back to center. Another variable in my setup is that I am using a Lightbridge setup.

Here's what I've done:
1) upgraded all firmware as of today (3/25) for controller, Phantom 2, Lightbridge
2) updated all software, RC Assistant, Phantom Assistant, Lightbridge Assistant (you think DJI will ever consolidate this into one universal assistant!?-would be nice)
3)Calibrated stix and x1 channel in all assistants
Still no good.
Anything I'm missing? Let me know if anyone has any more insight into this.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik