Upgraded rc to 1.6 and now no signal

Reaction score
I have video feed but the controller is dead. Upgraded firmware on aircraft via sd card to 1.7 with no improvement. Tried to relink rc to craft several times but I can't seem to get a green light on the little button next to the one you hold for linking. It's always red. Any ideas?

I believe that 1.6 on the RC requires going to 1.8 on the aircraft.

Due to the

Last edited:
I see. Stupid me. But then again you'd expect a large billion dollar company to =put a little fu*ng note saying just that when they prompt you to upgrade the rc!!=
Thanks guys. Will update.

Bit like the one when you are in GO app, that says update required you mean on the status :)

Bit like the one when you are in GO app, that says update required you mean on the status :)
Nope, did not get anything like that. Go app showed all firmware is of the latest. And is still showing just that. I love phantoms but seriously, thats basic ux/ui

I see. Stupid me. But then again you'd expect a large billion dollar company to =put a little fu*ng note saying just that when they prompt you to upgrade the rc!!=
Thanks guys. Will update.
They are poor with communicating for sure. They did note in the 1.8 release notes that both needed to be updated (due to encryption changes), but I don't think they said anything if someone only looked at updating their RC alone. Don't feel bad, there have been many threads here with the same issue in the last 3+ weeks. Good luck getting it going!

 Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link.

You would think they can afford to hire some (thousands of) people to work on communication/user interface.

If RC is upgraded to 1.6 but AC is not 1.8.80, communication between RC and AC will break. Video will work as its not encrypted. In such conditions, GO App won't even show ACs FW correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik