Upgrade Problems

Reaction score
So I downloaded the upgrade and put the bin file on the card. Everything seemed fine and checking the file afterword it said failed. NOW when I try to upgrade the bird again I get a constant loud (similar to the start up sound) but constant. I tried to go back and load the previous version but again get the constant loud beeping. What am I doing wrong? Have reformatted the card and re downloaded the upgrade and placed the bin file on the card. Still no luck.......

Awesome. It sounds like it's working.

Awesome. It sounds like it's working.
I wish! It's not. The sound I am getting is the same one it makes as if no card is installed in the Phantom. Guess it's acting like it doesn't see the card at all. Maybe one more step is try a different card. Thanks for helping.

Does the rc and phantom always need to be on the same firmware? I updated the phantom to 1.4 successfully but when I fire up the go app (updated today) it doesn't prompt me for the firmware update. Looking it says the rc is still on 1.3.2. Safe to fly?

I wish! It's not. The sound I am getting is the same one it makes as if no card is installed in the Phantom. Guess it's acting like it doesn't see the card at all. Maybe one more step is try a different card. Thanks for helping.
Just turn it on and walk away till it stops beeping

Just turn it on and walk away till it stops beeping

It doesn't stop beeping after the update is finished. Maybe LONG afterward, but not right away. The pattern of beeping changes when it is done. Better way is to check the status light on the camera - it will stop blinking at will be solid green on success.

MY led light want flash green and red, its been a solid green the whole time and how long should I wait before I check it ?

Thats what happen to me after sbout 10 mins of the loud beeping it stop
You are correct. After about 10 minutes the beeping did stop and seems to be upgrading normally now. I'll wait and see if the upgrade too this time.....

Reactions: M3nrq
Keep your eyes on camera LED, if it's only solid GREEN, then you can turn off the bird.
be patient whatever you see/hear on the bird :)

This was my experience, just finished updating with no problems.

Placed the bin file into a new formated sd card and then placed the card inside your phantom 3. turn on the bird and let it do its beeping. During upgrading it will beep 4 times continuosly, pause, and then continue to beep 4 times, all these whilst the camera status light blinks red and green.

Now here is the difference i noticed, every once in a while, it plays the start up sound, so far i think i counted that it played it 3-4 times. After that, it stops with the start up sound(but still with the 4 quick beeps). Camera gimbal then dances for a while, and then the beep slows down to a slower 4 beep.

After all this is done, the 4 beeps will cease and you get a steady green light on the camera status indicator.

Power off your bird and you are done!

Thanks. Now I just need to know how to upgrade my GL300A remote control :eek:
Thanks for the comments. All working well now. Just never had that loud beeping for ten minutes prior to the start of the upgrade. Now I just need to figure out why my controller still says 1080k. Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4