Upgrade Problem OR ?

Reaction score
My P2V has flown purrrrrrfect since I received it in early April. Today the first flight since the update was just bad. I thought it was because I was right next to the water tower I wanted to film. Popped it off the ground about 25-30 feet and it held there. Wind was very light 5-7 MPH. Then all at once it drifted away. I brought it back and it held in place for several seconds. Then it drifted in another direction and I brought it back. The drift was 50-60 feet and I had 10 satellites and in GPS mode. Went way up over the tower and shot my video, came back down and landed. Still had battery left so I tried at home away from that water tower. P2V did the same thing, drifted, but less than at the tower.
Anyone had a "Big Drift" problem with the update?

captej26 said:
Did you "re calibrate" compass after update?
Yes, before I took it over to the water tower site. Did that at home so I would not be next to all that steel.
Think I will do it again Sunday after I get home from a business trip.

K Index was high today. It was at 4 and does affect GPS satellites. I had drift today and normally mine is holding tight on spots. This might have been your problem...or not.

Damon said:
K Index was high today. It was at 4 and does affect GPS satellites. I had drift today and normally mine is holding tight on spots. This might have been your problem...or not.
Well, hard to say. Today I did the compass dance again and popped up to 25 feet and waited. The bugger stayed right in place like it has done since I got it in April. Don't know why it had a "fit" on Saturday.

Damon said:

Like the K-index app that has been suggested for Android, however I uninstalled because I got a little miffed by it telling me it updated the K-index. Why? It was doing that about every 15 seconds. See ya! That indicates it's a resource hog. Glad I have a rooted phone.

K index lite does not do that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj