Upgrade Phantom 1 TX/RX to Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and to Phantoms. I messed up my SR6 controller antenna attempting to upgrade it, and now I need to replace the controller. (My controller's antenna isn't plugged into the circuit board as on later models, so I attempted to splice in to the existing coax and that cut my range in half.) So I am thinking to purchase a DR6 controller (then upgrade its antenna) and a V1.1.1 receiver and wonder if the V1.1.1 receiver will plug and play with in my Phantom 1. Also wondering if a Phantom 2 (non-vision) receiver would work as well? Thanks for any insight.

You need the DJ6 controller to match a v1.1.1 Rx. Remember to switch to D bus in the assistant.

As to whether the P2 Rx would work, I am not sure. But if I had to bet I'd say yes.

They are physically slightly different. The 2x servo ports have a small gap on the P2 RX
The v1.1.1 is often advertised as compatible with P1 and P2.
They are both 2.4 Ghz
The DJ6 Tx is used with the P2

Next problem- there is a batch of v1.1.1 Rx's out there that that are faulty. They bind OK but 'forget' when they are powered off.

Helipal could not find one in their stock that would work, but they sent me a DR16 FOC :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4