Upgrade path - I'm at 1.4, can I go right to 1.6.40?

Reaction score
I still have the 1.4 firmware that I wish I never loaded because it flies crooked rather than a straight line. But the battery upgrade seems like an important fix. I am always leery of new firmware because release notes are so vague, especially seeing issues others are having. Can I upgrade straight to 1.6.40? Can anyone succinctly describe more details beyond the release notes?

Yeah,
Im at 1.4,
The thing has been flawless.
Kinda scared to upgrade....

Yes if you are above 1.3.2, you can straight away go to the latest FW.

Just updated,
All went well following msinger instructions.... including the batteries.
No issues with calibration of the compass, IMU, gimbal or TX,
Haven't flown, too cold,
Im not anticipating any problems.

I went from 1.4 to 1.6 and done one perfect flight, can't fault 1.6 in any way.

How do I verify the firmware installed successfully on the TX
Check the RC firmware version in the About section of the DJI GO app. It should be at whatever you attempted to install.

I stepped it, 1.32 to 1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6, and checked the Go App after each upgrade. Upgraded the RC and each battery as well. After 1.6 I did a cold and level IMU and Gimbal calibration. I'll do a field compass calibration tomorrow and check flight behavior.

I had real bad FPV video signal loss with 1.4 when it came out so I sat at 1.32 until now. Hopefully 1.6 or 1.5 addressed that issue as others here experienced the same thing, we'll see.

I haven't flown mine after the 1.6 upgrade yet...
Too cold,
Maybe tomorrow.

I had issues trying to unzip the file on a mac. I eventually said screw it and installed it on my bird anyways and it worked without unzipping.

I had a problem after updating. I guess I needed to update the DJI GO app as well because it didn't want to play nice with the latest firmware.

since then, the phantom 3 has been flawless. its a safe update guys

Flew Sunday,
The force is strong in this one,
All is well in the universe :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1