Upgrade, now my Tablet screen is distorted & grainy!

Reaction score
Upgraded last night. now the video feed to my Samsung Tablet it is so pixelaited I can not see anything except green, yellow stripes flashing all over. Video looks great! Have tried all morning to rectify. Flew it for about five minutes and everything was perfect. Landed it and picked it up and now it is back to grainy & colored lines! Can not figure it out. Something told me not to upgrade!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170517_110539558[1].jpg
    IMG_20170517_110539558[1].jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 435
Do yourself a favor and throw that Samsung in the street and drive over it on the way to the store to replace it with either an Apple iPad Air 2 or their Pro 9.7" model. Preferably the ones with a cellular SIM slot that you can grow into in time or immediate.

Fwiw, I got two Samsungs and they are both garbage for use with DJI products. My S6 battery life is now a half-day now even if i don't use it and needs a Mophie battery back-up case on it to make it through the day until it needs it nightly charge. My Samsung 10 tablet often freezes up the screen (Even not running GO) in time as it heats up and no button presses work either unless I reboot it. Pathetic devices, and both break up video like your example when they do connect in GO 4 which is another struggle. Even Samsung cannot make their own Bixby voice app work right in the S8. Pathetic devices, and DJI could clear a lot up by ditching the Android system entirely (Until it runs as a efficiently as a Cray super-computer - or even an Apple!), imho. DJI can't even make their own P4 Pro+ screen work right at times with their hobbled and locked Android.

As GO 4 grows in using up resources, I suspect the need for more powerful processors. You'll be forced going there - sooner or later. Fwiw, my iPad Air 2+ breaks up maybe 2% of the time now since last update. I'll likely need a Pro model or futuristic ipad Air 3+ down the road as DJI software builds and abandons old models. Can't make an old pig run any faster than a younger one no matter how much you beat it. ;)

I can't comment on individuals experiences with tabs as so much depends on what other apps you have running, memory and processor ect. But I've used a Samsung S7 edge and Samsung tab pro 10.1 for over 7 months now both with go and litchi and never had a problem with freezing screen or video lag. Maybe I'm just lucky.

FYI litchi is built far more for the versatility of Android and some of its features aren't available for the ios Apple machines.

Does the same thing in Litchi & with an Apple IPad! Flew it this morning, screen flickering with purple & green lines and recording stopping & starting and lost signal at about 800ft distance! How do I get back to the older firmware??

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_102717259_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20170518_102717259_HDR[1].jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 326
To downgrade your controller just search loads of posts on it and it's very easy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub