Upgrade issues?

Reaction score
So the second day I had it my dad and I were comparing drones. He has the phantom 2. Mine came with a 8 gig card and it was "slow". Well it said it update so I downloaded the update to my phone. Well we decided to switch out the sd card (16 gig) and it hasn't asked for the update side. Certainly it didn't take 2 minutes right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It sounds to me like all you did was download an update. After downloading, there should be an install process.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I assumed that as well and thought it would do it itself. Does it not? Not sure what to press or where to go. I will try it again but the last two times I've had it on and flown (up to 20 min each time) it hasn't popped up since

No, when you open the Go app, if there's an update available, a message automatically appears telling you that there's a firmware update for the Phantom. It requires that you click to download the update. Once it downolads, you are then given the option to proceed with installation. That should appear each time you open the Go app I believe.

I downloaded it and then we ended up switching the sd card and it hasn't updated since. The option to install the update hasn't appeared either. Strange. Is there a way to "restore" or should I just let it be?

Have you by chance checked what firmware version is on the Standard? It's shown in the Go app, while all connected...device to RC to Phantom.
There's nothing that says you HAVE TO upgrade, as a matter of fact there's some users who choose not to. Some users see issues after upgrading their F/W.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl