Upgrade dilema

Reaction score
I currently have a phantom 2 with a 2D gimbal, so was thinking of re shelling, as I have a couple of cracks under one of the motors, and upgrading the Gimbal at the same time

So I believe I would also need to update the legs? , or is that only if you use the square hole shell?

How with the new ESC, motors, compass and props, should I just purchase a new Phantom 2.2

What are other thoughts and would a new phantom be cheaper / better

4 x Motors @£19
4 x ESC @£16
2 x Props @£11
1 Shell @ £46

I end up with a extra charger, Battery , 4 new props , and still have a spare phantom 2.0

SImon

If you were really going to replace all the things you listed plus a new 3d gimbal, I would purchase a new Phantom that has the new items you listed. You'd wind up having a spare Phantom that is probably perfectly usable.

@goldfishrock was just thinking of the new versions of the motor , props and esc , and the eclaims that DJI are making, flying better etc

Simon

simon3000gt said:
I currently have a phantom 2 with a 2D gimbal, so was thinking of re shelling, as I have a couple of cracks under one of the motors, and upgrading the Gimbal at the same time

So I believe I would also need to update the legs? , or is that only if you use the square hole shell?

How with the new ESC, motors, compass and props, should I just purchase a new Phantom 2.2

What are other thoughts and would a new phantom be cheaper / better

4 x Motors @£19
4 x ESC @£16
2 x Props @£11
1 Shell @ £46

I end up with a extra charger, Battery , 4 new props , and still have a spare phantom 2.0

SImon

I saw a couple of upgrade kits on vendor websites that have most of the stuff in your list as well as the new RC (thumb wheel x1 and lipo battery) for $292 (USD). I'm in the same boat that you are as I have the Phantom 2 w/Zenmuse H3-2D. I'll probably save some additional money and go with the new bird so that my wife can fly too.

One of my concerns is that the Phantom 2 v1 uses 2.4Ghz for its operating frequency. I believe the Phantom 2 V2 uses 5.8Ghz. I have a AVL58 (5.8Ghz) which I've added to my Phantom 2 V1 for FPV. I believe this would interfere with the Phantom 2 V2 if I put it on that platform. I'm still a newbie so I'm also looking for answers before laying out the money. I believe that they make the Phantom 2 V2 RC in both frequencies.

Here is a link to a kit I found:
http://www.dronecamps.com/#!product/prd ... k-w-remote

The Phantom 2 in the newest (second) version still is on 2.4GHz only. It's easy to mess it up with a Phantom V2+ which stands for Vision 2+ which is on 5.8.
So yes, on the latest Phantom2 (Not on a Vision2+) you can still use your 5.8 AVL58.

lake_flyer said:
The Phantom 2 in the newest (second) version still is on 2.4GHz only. It's easy to mess it up with a Phantom V2+ which stands for Vision 2+ which is on 5.8.
So yes, on the latest Phantom2 (Not on a Vision2+) you can still use your 5.8 AVL58.

Thanks for that clarification.

The past 3 P2 shells I got have all been the newer version (3D hole) .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20