upgrade controller

Reaction score
Bought my husband a phantom 2 w/gimbal, a gopro hero 3 camera, h3-3d. Question is: Can he upgrade controller from 2/4 Ghz to 5.8 Ghz?

i've just swopped to the V2 controller, they sell a 2.4ghz version

i've no idea on the technical stuff like that sorry

missourigirl61 said:
We were told the 5.8 would have farther transmitter distance, would be better. Is this wrong info?

Actually... When it comes to wireless signal.. The higher the frequency the shorter the distance theoretically. 5.8 is generally better for avoiding interference because it is used less that 2.4. I would think you'd be just fine getting the radio at 2.4 and it would mean you'd have nothing to change in the Phantom.

Thank you so much. He's getting alot of - you need..., you gotta do this....it's starting to get overwhelming. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

missourigirl61 said:
Thank you so much. He's getting alot of - you need..., you gotta do this....it's starting to get overwhelming. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Yes... In hobbies there are a LOT of seeming religious wars :). All of these strong opinions are based on some fact and a lot of personal preference.

You want a good example? Go to helifreak.com and ask how to properly discharge and dispose of a lipo battery LOL.. You'll get 100 replies and 60% of them will be very strong and very different from one another.

Not saying that people don't have reasons for suggesting one thing over another... But you will hear a lot of you HAVE to do this vs. that... Just keep doing what you're doing... Seek a lot of opinions... Look things up.. And choose what feels best for your situation.

So basically he needs the 2.4ghz version of the new remote. To use 5.8ghz he would have to change stuff inside the phantom too.

Are you having problems with the existing one? I have been able to go 1.6km before the stock 2.4 controller disconnected and the phantom decided to fly home.

MrC said:
So basically he needs the 2.4ghz version of the new remote. To use 5.8ghz he would have to change stuff inside the phantom too.

Just the remote control receiver board in the phantom.
if you take out the battery, you'll see a small board pressed against the main board.
just make sure it does not conflict with your fpv ghz and bind controller when done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers