Updating the aircraft through the go app

Reaction score
Hello guys. A p3 user I know updated his aircraft through the go app instead of using the sd card like previous updates.
Has anyone encounters such a thing?

Mine not detected the upgrade from the app , even as Manuel upgrade not works in the RC. Maybe theres no need to upgrade the RC AFTER THE LAST FIRMWARE ?!!!

I updated my aircraft, but the controllers don't seem interested in the new firmware. When I fire up the controller and Go App and follow update instructions from DJI, there is no download available in the Overall Status and trying to update manually does not initiate. Any thoughts anyone?

The release notes said RC (controller) firmware did not need updated.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
That's not what i mean. The app did the phantom update via the air. Not physically like we used to.

That's not what i mean. The app did the phantom update via the air. Not physically like we used to.
I was replying to post #3. My understanding is some controllers (newer) can update thru the air, but mine tells me that it can't... I purchased mine in June, should be new enough I would think.

Reactions: rene van der meer
I updated my phantom thru the goapp when I first got it, plugged it in with the cable opened the app up and did the update, I did it this way cause I couldnt get it to update using the sd card like it said to do no matter how I tried, but using the cable and the app worked like a charm first time

I was just going to make a thread like this. Glad the similar posts popped up. I recently updated my P3A but when I put the SD card in the controller it would not accept the card. So I hooked it back up to my iPad and opened the app and it allowed me to update the controller through the app. Worked well.

I was replying to post #3. My understanding is some controllers (newer) can update thru the air, but mine tells me that it can't... I purchased mine in June, should be new enough I would think.
MADrone,
It depends whether you have a type GL-300A ,B C (newest). See DJI Forum|Controller model differences
In June you could have still received an A type. I have got one in December, but replaced it with the B.
The type B can be updated through the DJI-Go App. See P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Ok. So I'm not getting my wires crossed.

I can update the remote through the DJI Go App but I have to use the SD card to update the Aircraft and Batteries.

I just download the firmware and then hook the Phantom up to my Laptop and copy the Firmware over to the SD card in the Phantom and reboot - Update.

So does any of these controllers have the option to update the Aircraft and Battery via the remote?

If not it would be a Rippa feature and I can't see why it couldn't be done in future releases.

?? Cheers

If I were you and you can do it I would update everything with the SD card. For my situation the controller would not accept the SD card and I just happen to notice there was an option to update the controller from the app.

You need to download the firmware to the SD card and then put the SD card back into the phantom. I have never heard of updating the phantom by hooking it to the laptop.

I bought an SD card reader when I first got the Phantom. There's no need.
Here's the link. Cheers
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for sharing that video. I have never seen that process for updating the phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers