Updating P4 on Android

Reaction score
I was out flying today , the first time in over a week , and fly for about 12 min . After I turned everything off and went back to the house and tried to fly a little more to take my battery down to storage charge , but when I went to turn it on , I was getting no satellites and it wouldnt let me take off . I tried Litchi and it said my battery was dead (still had 2 bars plus) . I switched batteries and still same thing. I even had a gimbal error 1 time. Also DJI go app said update needed.
I am deathly afraid to update everything because of all the issues people were having . I am about to go on a trip this weekend and will need to do something .
So anyone that updated (ON ANDROID ONLY !!!) with the android software and the P4 firmware , whats the best step by step procedure >? Drone first then controller ? Batteries need updated ? Firmware first then software ?
Ideas please.

Just did Go to 3.1.0 then AC with assistant took about 5 minutes, Go now says I have all the latest firmware (last RC update was 1.6.0) and shows app 3.1.0 and AC 01.02.0602 and RC null. Can't get the RC to update to 1.8.0 and I can't see what it is in GO anymore, I took it out for a short flight and it seems OK but only went out about 2k feet. Did the c1 c2 record and wheel with 12 fingers and 2 legs and a thing and the light on the RC was blue got the beeps and it pored me a cup of coffee but still not updating. Chat with dji did what they said .. nothing .. put in queue for too long so I give up for tonight!:( Last time did Go then AC then RC and all was good in android.

Last edited:
Just updated the go app (3.1.0 ) and then started the update of the controller firmware 1.8.0 . Everything went fine , until it was time to update the bird. Started the DJI Assistant 2 software on my computer and followed the steps . It downloaded the firmware , but when it went to install it , it immediately failed at 0 percent . Tried different cables and different ports and same results . I tried to hook it up to my tablet to update and there is no way to update it that way. I am getting no satellites and my battery on the P4 shows that its dead . Tried another full powered battery and the same thing there. I am able to move the gimbal but that is it . I am getting this error code " gimbal cannot receive mcdata " .
I take good care of my P4 and cant understand what the hell is wrong with DJI and why they cant figure out how to get the update thing to where there are no problems. I wasnt going to update because of everyone having problems with it . I was forced to update this time. NOT HAPPY !!!!!

If your updated RC was on when you turned on the AC you may have bricked it, you will have to downgrade to1.6 from GO, leave the AC off. Turn on RC and wait for GO, do not go to camera, press and hold the upper right hand side hat or bars, the screen will change and it will give you your firmware downgrade options. Downgrade RC then do AC first then RC. I have no available downgrades but I whant to upgrade, my AC did fine.

Reactions: Fallguy
ALL FIXED.
Thanks Erised , but had it working before i read your reply. Didn't know you had to hold that button down in the first place.
Anyway , what I did was.......
After multiple attempts on my computer (windows 7 ) I tried another computer (family member) with windows 10 . Same thing happened, it failed .So I turned off the program and was just about ready to unplug the usb cable and I noticed my yellow lights on the P4 flashing. This was not happening before , I think they were flashing red, so I restarted the application(DJI Go Assisitant2 ) and this time it upgraded . WHAT A F%^&ING relief !!!!
I hope anyone else having problems finds this a bit helpful , even though I don't know what finally kicked in.

ALL FIXED.
Thanks Erised , but had it working before i read your reply. Didn't know you had to hold that button down in the first place.
Anyway , what I did was.......
After multiple attempts on my computer (windows 7 ) I tried another computer (family member) with windows 10 . Same thing happened, it failed .So I turned off the program and was just about ready to unplug the usb cable and I noticed my yellow lights on the P4 flashing. This was not happening before , I think they were flashing red, so I restarted the application(DJI Go Assisitant2 ) and this time it upgraded . WHAT A F%^&ING relief !!!!
I hope anyone else having problems finds this a bit helpful , even though I don't know what finally kicked in.
Good for you Fallguy, I'm gonna try the RC update again tonight, I think I just have to be patient and let it be for a long long time and not just turn it off because I can't tell after 30 minutes if anything is happening.

Reactions: Fallguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31