Updating iOSD Mini Firmware

Reaction score
Sorry... I searched, but never found an answer.

Before I install my iOSD mini I thought I should make sure the firmware is up to date. I took the iOSD mini by itself (not plugged into anything), plugged a micro USB cable into it and then into my PC. Nothing. No LED lighting up on the iOSD mini itself or anything showing up on the PC.

Am I missing something? Does it have to be wired up to a CanBus or anything? I figured that it might draw power from the USB connection, but maybe not? Thanks.

*edit* - I might have found my answer...

'Connect the iOSD mini and the PC via a Micro-USB cable, and power on the iOSD mini system'

From the manual. RTF! So it looks like it does draw power from the CanBus. Can someone just confirm this for me?

Jebus said:
Sorry... I searched, but never found an answer.

Before I install my iOSD mini I thought I should make sure the firmware is up to date. I took the iOSD mini by itself (not plugged into anything), plugged a micro USB cable into it and then into my PC. Nothing. No LED lighting up on the iOSD mini itself or anything showing up on the PC.

Am I missing something? Does it have to be wired up to a CanBus or anything? I figured that it might draw power from the USB connection, but maybe not? Thanks.

*edit* - I might have found my answer...

'Connect the iOSD mini and the PC via a Micro-USB cable, and power on the iOSD mini system'

From the manual. RTF! So it looks like it does draw power from the CanBus. Can someone just confirm this for me?

Correct, and you will need it connected to a canbus port that's powered on to be able to update the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj