Updating firmware

Reaction score
I've updated the firmware 3 times now and when I turn it on it tells me updates required. I click details and it show an illustration of thebp4p updating with info on how to do it. I did it. 3 times. What is going on? Also when I check "About" it shows I have the current firmware under aircraft.
Any suggestions?

I had the same encounter. Did several roads of the upgrade using Android. Then I downloaded P4Pro on the IPad and the firmware loaded the first time.

I've updated the firmware 3 times now and when I turn it on it tells me updates required. I click details and it show an illustration of thebp4p updating with info on how to do it. I did it. 3 times. What is going on? Also when I check "About" it shows I have the current firmware under aircraft.
Any suggestions?
My RC shows version 01.00.00.00- . What does the negative mean?
Have you used this card before? Did you clean-off any previous .bin files from earlier FW updates?
Anyway, I'd try using another card. I had an 8gb card laying around when I did my first FW update with much trepidation back in Feb. It didn't work - I tried again and again, and I thought I'd bricked the A/C. So, reading advice on here, I used the 16gb faster card that came with the A/C and it updated straight-away. I now keep that card for nothing but FW updates. Decided to do some updates today, and I just went from 1.9.60 to 1.10.9 without a hitch (plus I took the plunge and updated GO from 2.8.7 to 3.1.0 and the R/C from 1.6.0 to 1.8.0).

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I had the same encounter. Did several roads of the upgrade using Android. Then I downloaded P4Pro on the IPad and the firmware loaded the first time.
I can concur with this. Was able to upgrade the copter (sorta) with my Android. The screen says 15 minutes to upgrade, but it hung at 99 percent at about that point. I waited another for 10-15 minutes after that before exiting the program and unplugging from the copter. It did power cycle at the 98 percent or 99 percent mark, so I was reasonable sure the firmware upgrade took (it did). When I turned everything off and back on, it told me I had more firmware updates to make on the copter. I tried following the instructions, but when I connected the tablet to the copter it would never update. I then used my wife's iPad and learned the firmware upgrade was actually for the remote controller. Performed the remote controller upgrade via the iPad with no issues. Both devices showed up to date on the iPad, so I switched back to the Android for a test flight which went well with no issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.