updating firmware, what goes first?

Reaction score
hi.
as many of you know my phantom is about to get home (i was expecting it today, guess ill have to wait until next moday :( ) and in the mean time i've reading again the manual, watching videos, downloaded the dji software and noticed that many of you are having problems when updating the firmware, so my questions is simple, what to update first?

phantom / controller
or
controller / phantom

thanks!

When I last plugged my copter in and opened PT2, all of a sudden a window popped up and something updated, then the window went away and said to restart the copter, then the gimbal went bezerk. What was this? I didn't update anything, just plugged it in and didn't click on anything. It was so fast I didn't have time to read what was going on. Gimbal was fine after restart.

I had a problem using the .....phantom / controller ..... method. The motors would not spin up after the upgrade.
I ended up redoing everything by re-upgrading the controller first, calibrated sticks, then re-upgraded the phantom, then calibrating the sticks and doing an advanced IMU.
Everything worked flawlessly after that. I don't know if it was the order or if it was just redoing it that made it work, but I'm feeling much less stressed today than yesterday :D
Also, the J-hook has disappeared. Thanks, Ian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20