Updating Firmware, need a definitive answer please

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I need to update the firmware in my P3A that I have had for less than a week, I have looked on this forum at all the firmware update threads, and also looked at the one on the DJI website, and every one is slightly different, or someone has had a problem with the update or a better suggestion on how to do it, but there are so many threads now I am at a complete loss.

Can someone please point me in the RIGHT direction in what I should be doing, preferably in very basic terms as I am computer illiterate.

Is there anywhere I can take it to do the update, I don't mind paying, but I don't feel confident in doing it myself

I'd be mortified if I wrecked my P3 by missing something or didn't do something in the right order.

This may seem like a daft question, but is the update different because I'm in the UK rather than say The USA or Asia ?

Please help

Reactions: biff600
I followed this video to do mine.
Worked seamlessly...

Thank you for getting back to me so swiftly chaps, much appreciated.

I now have another question:

On the DJI firmware page, it states that there are 3 current updates 1.1.9, 1.2.8, & 1.3.20.

If I put the latest one in, will that supercede the others or do I have to put each update in (in turn) ??

On the DJI firmware page, it states that there are 3 current updates 1.1.9, 1.2.8, & 1.3.20.

If I put the latest one in, will that supercede the others or do I have to put each update in (in turn) ??
I would think that you have at least the most current update already. Your app will tell you if you need to update. Most updates already have all previous updates included. The rest just follow the videos, search the Forum on how to.

Yes it will supercede the older apps.

Thanks so much for all the input gents, I have updated both the controller and the drone, all simple stuff really.

I think it was the fear of the unknown !
The first time is a little scary. After that, not so much but still be careful next time so you don't miss something simple. Happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20