Updates All Around - Weak RC Signal

Reaction score
I updated the app, remote and drone. All appeared successful. However, I now have a weak RC signal and can't seem to resolve it.

Here is the update file from the drone.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2015.12.30 20:54:09 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.04.13 12:28:43 =====================

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

did you check your settings after update sometimes goes back to beginner mode

Check your channel settings for downlink. Mine went from auto to manual with a noisy channel selected. Changed back to auto and all good.

did you check your settings after update sometimes goes back to beginner mode
Thanks, but it is not in beginner mode. I switched into the beginner mode and back out and had a signal for just a second or two.

Check your channel settings for downlink. Mine went from auto to manual with a noisy channel selected. Changed back to auto and all good.
Thanks, but I am unable to find those settings. Went through my onscreen menus and did a little googling, but I am not finding the setting option your speaking of. Any hints would be great :)

Thanks, but I am unable to find those settings. Went through my onscreen menus and did a little googling, but I am not finding the setting option your speaking of. Any hints would be great :)
I was able to find the screen under HD. It is in auto mode and switched to manually to see if it helped. Shows a graph/barplot of channels colored by current/stable/weak. Mine had no current showing. The stable channels were tiny bars that appeared and quickly disappeared. It appears the drone is sending out a weak/unstable signals since the upgrade.

I was able to find the screen under HD. It is in auto mode and switched to manually to see if it helped. Shows a graph/barplot of channels colored by current/stable/weak. Mine had no current showing. The stable channels were tiny bars that appeared and quickly disappeared. It appears the drone is sending out a weak/unstable signals since the upgrade.
those bars are interference, not your UAS signal. Pick one of them in manual that has minimal signal (no bar, little bar).

those bars are interference, not your UAS signal. Pick one of them in manual that has minimal signal (no bar, little bar).
I tried each bar in turn manually with no luck. Is it possible to reset the drone and remote to factory settings? It seemed to work fine before I made the updates, although, I probably wouldn't be able to roll back the app.

I tried each bar in turn manually with no luck. Is it possible to reset the drone and remote to factory settings? It seemed to work fine before I made the updates, although, I probably wouldn't be able to roll back the app.
uninstall and reinstall app. Re-link RC to bird. Pick a clean channel (dont pick a channel in a house as there are typically loads of weak sources). See if that resolves the issue. If you updated bird, you dont want to roll back app unless you roll back bird too. If youre on android - roll back is easy. If apple- I sure it can be done but is likely a PITA and I cant help you as I dont own anything apple.

uninstall and reinstall app. Re-link RC to bird. Pick a clean channel (dont pick a channel in a house as there are typically loads of weak sources). See if that resolves the issue. If you updated bird, you dont want to roll back app unless you roll back bird too. If youre on android - roll back is easy. If apple- I sure it can be done but is likely a PITA and I cant help you as I dont own anything apple.
I uninstalled/re-installed the app. Visually it appears to be a newer version than what I just had. Not sure if the previous updated didn't fully update or if they have released multiple updates in the last week.

Started the drone and the remote. Held the reset button in on the drone if for several seconds. The two no longer connect :(

Are there other steps needed to re-link? Is there anyway to reset the factory settings on the drone and remote?

I uninstalled/re-installed the app. Visually it appears to be a newer version than what I just had. Not sure if the previous updated didn't fully update or if they have released multiple updates in the last week.

Started the drone and the remote. Held the reset button in on the drone if for several seconds. The two no longer connect :(

Are there other steps needed to re-link? Is there anyway to reset the factory settings on the drone and remote?

http://download.dji-innovations.com...en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
page 28

You also need to select the connect option in the app also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj