P3 Firmware Updated was almost catastrofical

Reaction score
Good day to all of you and thanks for accepting me in this forum.

I went to fly this afternoon and after a regular check up ( read pre-flight ) I started to elevate the bird. After two minutes of flight, the bird started a descent by itself, tried to prevent it from doing this and land it to a safe place but no chance, I broke a prop on an hydro wire and down the drone went.

Fortunately, only the prop was damaged. When I repowered everything, It said '' firmware update required '' even though I repulse the update until proven safe and sound.

It must have been done through the IPad Dji Go application.

Now I have an Issue.

I can't connect to the burd through the remote. I have no battery level and no images. I installed the version 1.9 on the SD card ( formatted previously ) and inserted the Sd into the gimball but after four minutes, the bird stops flashing red-green for a solid red, ( the wait time was more than 20minutes )

I've done that more than four times without success. Did I tell you that I HATE UPDATES .......Now I am telling you.

Tried to roll back to 1.80 and I get the same reaction from the bird except that the text file says (( ABort same version on SD card as the bird )) update not completed.

I am soooo frustrated, I will make this guy NEVER update again..I swear.

Hi and thanks for the reply. Since the incident, As I said, I tried to update the Bird with the remote powered on or Off and it does not change anything. I tried to pair the remote with the bird and It said '' success '' for the pairing.
I hear from the gimball, weird noises, It is like '' dull '' and there is no counter-reactions as before when you try to move the camera/gimball assembly. More so, the gimball '' joints '' where the coils are located gets a little warm while the noise is coming from. The Up/down has some restrictions when you try to move it manually, left/right rotation does the same BUT the horizontal maintain has NO restrictions, like it lost nervous connections, and when you move it away from horizontal, you hear some noise ( like a gringing noise, ) from the gimball.

When I plug the PC to the gimball with the proper cable, I can't see the SD card as before. **** update ....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20