Updated to 3.0 (All Is Well)

Reaction score
Just updated my Phantom 2 to 3.0 and took it outside for a test run. Flew great, as always. I know some of you don't care about the limit restrictions, it does not bother me, so if this is not a problem, I don't see why not to update to 3.0.

My only issue was that once I upgraded, the gimbal would only work in the extremes. What I mean is that the gimbal would only work in the UP or DOWN position. No in between. I fiddled with this for a bit, and then plugged in my DJI RC to the DJI RC System Assistant and calibrated both the stick and the X1 switch. Once I plugged the Phantom 2 back into the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0 software, I noticed that the gimbal behaved like it should. I went ahead and calibrated the X1 within the Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0 software once more, just to make sure. Once last thing that I did, was a BASIC and ADVANCED calibration. After that, took her outside, calibrated the compass and flew her. Nothing wrong, seemed to hover in the correct position and behaved normally for me.

As always, upgrade at your own risk, but for me.. Worked like a charm...Happy flying! :mrgreen:

Good to hear!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

mmccurdy said:
Just updated my Phantom 2 to 3.0 and took it outside for a test run. Flew great, as always. I know some of you don't care about the limit restrictions, it does not bother me, so if this is not a problem, I don't see why not to update to 3.0.

My only issue was that once I upgraded, the gimbal would only work in the extremes. What I mean is that the gimbal would only work in the UP or DOWN position. No in between. I fiddled with this for a bit, and then plugged in my DJI RC to the DJI RC System Assistant and calibrated both the stick and the X1 switch. Once I plugged the Phantom 2 back into the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0 software, I noticed that the gimbal behaved like it should. I went ahead and calibrated the X1 within the Phantom 2 Assistant 3.0 software once more, just to make sure. Once last thing that I did, was a BASIC and ADVANCED calibration. After that, took her outside, calibrated the compass and flew her. Nothing wrong, seemed to hover in the correct position and behaved normally for me.

As always, upgrade at your own risk, but for me.. Worked like a charm...Happy flying! :mrgreen:

Nice to read some positive results posts once in a while!
Thanks!
I'm still not upgrading mine :cool:

Just tried it again and I still get the same 'firmware mismatch' error...

How are you guys able to update to 3.0 when I'm still struggling, along with a lot of others it seems?

Also, i'm assuming in this mode (being unable to get to any tab but the 'update' tab in the software) I can't install my FPV hardware, as i'd have to update the mini iosd wouldn't I?

One more question - seems my left switch isn't working (home lock, course lock). Does the P2 have to be connected to the software to enable those options?

mysticalice said:

Are you using the new v3.0 software to update?

mmccurdy said:
My only issue was that once I upgraded, the gimbal would only work in the extremes.

I've read there is a new gimbal settings tab to alter gimbal speed - can you confirm?

mysticalice said:

How are you guys able to update to 3.0 when I'm still struggling, along with a lot of others it seems?

Also, i'm assuming in this mode (being unable to get to any tab but the 'update' tab in the software) I can't install my FPV hardware, as i'd have to update the mini iosd wouldn't I?

One more question - seems my left switch isn't working (home lock, course lock). Does the P2 have to be connected to the software to enable those options?

I can bet you have Assistant 2.0. Need to get new assistant version 3.0 from dji.com.

For second question you need to move from Phantom 2 into Naza. Use assistant for this. Button is on title bar of assistant.

Yeah, I payed with the gimbal and tilt speed myself. I did not see any difference either.

Today was the first chance to get out and fly since I upgraded to v3. Burnt through 4 batteries without issue. Just as stable as 1.8 and 2.0. Hovers and flies just like it has always done.

Went through another 2 batteries this evening and I am really pleased with V3.

mmccurdy said:
Have to agree. NO problems on my end. Flies just like 1.8.

Good to hear. I'm still on 1.8 and flying great. But was waiting a bit after some stories of things going wrong after updating to 2.0 or 3.0. Might make the move somewhere this week also then.

happy flying

Updated to version3 and guess what....
1. There was no problems in upgrading the Phantom.
2. It did not fly away
3. It did not crash
4. It was not all over the place
5. It got GPS fix just as fast as always

It flies just as stable as it always do.
Will I downgrad it.... no that will not make sense to me.

Yes a real living Phantom2 flying on firmware version 3 :shock:
http://youtu.be/q3CuyiFTPPI

ginsonic said:
I can bet you have Assistant 2.0. Need to get new assistant version 3.0 from dji.com.
+1. That "version mismatch" error is exactly what DJI says will happen if you update the firmware with the version 2.0 Assistant Software. Grab the new Version 3 Assistant Software from here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Jabtyler said:
how are your gains at 3.0?

I noticed the gains were much different myself... I originally had the v2 Assistant Software installed and went through all the settings including gains and took mental note. Then I read about the aforementioned version problem, went and got the 3.0 software and ran all the upgrades and went back through the AS checking all the new settings and I noticed that the Gains settings were vastly different. I don't know exactly why/how but yea they look way different

Aren't those settings for the H3-3D rather than the H3-2D ?? Just thinking DJI hasn't labeled them as such.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20