Updated to 1.6 shaky Phantom 3 Professional help!

Reaction score
I just updated my P3P firmware to 1.6. I have one of the first Phantom 3's that came out. Went out to test today and the Phantom is very shaky. I always do a IMU calibration after every firmware upgrade and compass calibration. I shot a quick video of the problem:

IMG_3958.MOV

What should I do now?

Was it very windy? (It sounds windy through your mic.) I thought they tend to hover within a small radius anyway, rather than stock still? I can't compare, because I only have the P3A and that was updated to 1.6 on the day I got it, so I'm not sure what previous firmware was like.

That is fairly common if you just descended from a little higher altitude. Even more so if some wind is part of the equation.

I was out flying today and wind was 8mph with gusts up to 21mph. Mine looked just like yours. I think that is normal. That is why you have a 3 axis gimbal to keep the camera still while the aircraft is maintaining as best it can in the wind. I also noticed a lot of clouds overhead. It is not supposed to just remain still in the wind. There is nothing to hold it except the gps, vps, and other electronics which do a great job. But your video looks normal to me. If your video on the aircraft is shaky, then you may have a problem. Happy flying.

Mine did that one day and it was really cold out. The next time I flew it is about 20° warmer and it didn't happen. Maybe mine was a fluke

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic