Updated pro to 1.9.60 problem

Reaction score
after updating my drone the accent speed is now stuck on 3m/s from 5/ms before i updated the firmware, anyone else experienced this ? Also why have DJI done this, is it possible to downgrade the phantom 3 professional to previous firmware?

Josh

Yes, you can always go back one firmware version...

Why? Ah, have they tried to reduce the number of returned for repair drones...

RedHotPoker

Well come on in, to the forum and phantom family...

Yup, place the older bin file in the root, of your micro sd card, and you know the rest... Ha

RedHotPoker

Nope - mine is still maxing out at 5 m/s. Like a rocket. Well, almost.

// Tom

I may be wrong but I dint notice any appreciable change.

Hi, same for me, the ascending speed is now limited to 3m/s, much slower than before...

Hi, same for me, the ascending speed is now limited to 3m/s, much slower than before...
I have not tested this so I can't confirm either way. However, if it is true you will likely find fewer "Critical battery" reports (and hopefully fewer warranty claims!).

Like I always say, this is a camera platform, not a hotrod.

I have not tested this so I can't confirm either way. However, if it is true you will likely find fewer "Critical battery" reports (and hopefully fewer warranty claims!).

Like I always say, this is a camera platform, not a hotrod.

I agree it is a camera platform but is also a drone for flying for fun if you want it to be, and when DJI are advertising the specs of this drone at an accent speed of 5 m/s I believe it shouldn't be changed when you update to the latest firmware. Essentially false advertising.

Reactions: mikesmiley
Just tried it once more - my climb rate still peaks at 4.9 m/s, just like it did before the FW update. I am using the latest firmware on both aircraft, battery and RC (European Phantom 3 Advanced). So either your conclusion is incorrect that your climb rate is capped in the latest FW version, or there are differences in how the FW is applied on different drones.

//Tom

Wow - can anybody else confirm either way? Now the question for me is whether to upgrade or not if it does cap. Always been very impressed with ascent rate, but a small part of me does wonder if it would be for the best if this is causing crashes.

I agree it is a camera platform but is also a drone for flying for fun if you want it to be, and when DJI are advertising the specs of this drone at an accent speed of 5 m/s I believe it shouldn't be changed when you update to the latest firmware. Essentially false advertising.
I would want the climb speed to elude aggressive birds that try attack if it can climb full speed, they cant beat their feathers hard enough to climb with it!

I have a brand new P3A that replaces my drowned P3A. This is a newer model with the new motors and presumably latest firmware. This one is definitely slower in every manner. Ascent speed is 3 m/s and is visibly slower in every movement. Since it is new I am not sure I can install reverse firmware? Any thoughts?

I have a brand new P3A that replaces my drowned P3A. This is a newer model with the new motors and presumably latest firmware. This one is definitely slower in every manner. Ascent speed is 3 m/s and is visibly slower in every movement. Since it is new I am not sure I can install reverse firmware? Any thoughts?

I doubt that it is FW related. I have the latest FW installed on my bird and I have much higher performance than that. Possibly something might be different with the new motors?

// Tom

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav