P3 Firmware Updated p3a to 1.9.6 firmware

Reaction score
Only had my p3a for 2 days all seemed perfect with it but kept getting annoying firmware update messages

So I have updated to 1.9.6, have not flown it yet but as soon as it powered on got a pop up about restricted zone and to check a couple of tick boxes. I live 20 miles away from anything I thought was restricted. Airport

Is this firmware going to be a total headache or is it fine and your thoughts on any good or bad points with it please

Reactions: Nam Nguyen
Read the many happy posts about the GEO system.

TL;DR - you're not going to like it much. You can probably live with it while cursing DJI under your breath. You are probably in a restricted zone because of a heliport neither you nor anyone else except the FAA database knows about.

You will be eaten by a Grue.

Reactions: flpholt
You have the option to turn off the geo fencing warning in the go app.
It will still let you know that your within a certain class of airspace though.

Reactions: Mark Ryan
Only had my p3a for 2 days all seemed perfect with it but kept getting annoying firmware update messages

So I have updated to 1.9.6, have not flown it yet but as soon as it powered on got a pop up about restricted zone and to check a couple of tick boxes. I live 20 miles away from anything I thought was restricted. Airport

Is this firmware going to be a total headache or is it fine and your thoughts on any good or bad points with it please

Pls help me, I tried to upgrade this firmware, but around 10minutes, all of light is off and I hear the sound beep beep beep beep are very lound. I turned off P3 and restart again but the sound beep is still. I dont know what happen and how to fix it.
Pls let
Me know

Pls help me, I tried to upgrade this firmware, but around 10minutes, all of light is off and I hear the sound beep beep beep beep are very lound. I turned off P3 and restart again but the sound beep is still. I dont know what happen and how to fix it.
Pls let
Me know
The loud beeping means that the update did not complete or the file is corrupt..
Re download the file once again. Unzip the bin file to the main root directory of a known formatted SD card. Start the update once again. When it starts beeping loud again, just let it beep, Do not turn the AC off. It could take up to 30 minutes, but should complete the update. You can place the Phantom in a back room should you get tired of the loud beeping. Be sure to check the txt file on the card for a success after the update has completed.
Good luck! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: tcope

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik