Updated firmware??

Reaction score
Hey gang. I've been out of the realm of drones for a couple of years. I have a P4 standard and running firmware from Dec 2017 I think (I'm not home so I can't post the exact numbers). So my question is are any of the firmware updates from 2018 to current versions any better?? Features?? Stability?? Thanks

Hey gang. I've been out of the realm of drones for a couple of years. I have a P4 standard and running firmware from Dec 2017 I think (I'm not home so I can't post the exact numbers). So my question is are any of the firmware updates from 2018 to current versions any better?? Features?? Stability?? Thanks
Hi yip I'm running new
Screenshot_20191107-195231.jpg
....seems stable to me but I using panel on remote , can say only issue is this silly prompt onscreen,,sure I just did this,,everything thing else working ok,heaps of sats,good GPS, but in saying that not all updates go well so sort of grit your teeth,there definitely not as many playstore updates like in past trying to fix all the bugs so that's good sign it stable,,,again updates are optional but good to have updated info just for safety reasons now days

Reactions: Capt KO
If your firmware is before July 2017, I wouldn't change it. Firmware before that date allows you to modify the flight parameters, and you learn all about that in YouTube by searching on "Phantom 4 Parameters". This gives you the freedom to change all kinds of things that cannot be discussed in this forum.

Reactions: RodPad

Does your drone work and fly without problems? Then don't screw with it. That's good advice right there.

D

Does your drone work and fly without problems? Then don't screw with it. That's good advice right there.

D
It's been a year or so since I've flown. My controller stopped taking a charge and I'm getting ready to do a re flow of the board and I'm sure when I get it up and running it will be saying that I need to update. I'm sure there's an update for the AC, controller and Go app. I have been using Litchi for a while before my controller messed up. Still can't post my current version since I haven't fixed my controller yet.

It was performing well when I would fly but I was just curious about some of the latest versions out now. Thanks

It's been a year or so since I've flown. My controller stopped taking a charge and I'm getting ready to do a re flow of the board and I'm sure when I get it up and running it will be saying that I need to update.

Yes. I am prompted to update firmware on all my birds every time I open the Go or Go 4 apps. I simply ignore the request to update. I also turn off updating in my iPad so the apps themselves don't update.

I'm sure there's an update for the AC, controller and Go app.

Yep. Ignore. The sweet spot for the Go app is v3.1.1. The Go 4 is v4.0.8. The sweet spot firmware for P4P is v1.3.509.

I have been using Litchi for a while before my controller messed up. Still can't post my current version since I haven't fixed my controller yet.

Gotcha. FWIW, I've had no problem using third-party apps with legacy firmware. Third-party support will ALWAYS insist on latest firmware versions and will BLAME legacy firmware for software shortcomings. Don't be fooled. So far I have had no problems using latest/greatest third-party software on legacy firmware. That said...

I find that many third-party apps are REMOVING features and LIMITING functionality in their later versions, so I run legacy versions of those apps, too. I think Map Pilot is on v4.0.7 or something like that. I BUILD my missions in version 4.0.5, but FLY them via version 2.9.2. I use a legacy version of Autopilot, as well.

It was performing well when I would fly but I was just curious about some of the latest versions out now. Thanks

Don't get too curious. Curiosity killed the cat and limits the drone. You'll find that most updates are chock full up tests, EULA agreements and flight limitations. That drone you've been flying for a while will NOW RANDOMLY require Internet access to fly. I fly professionally miles from cell service, so I can't be bogged down with EULA's and tests and erroneous flight limitations.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.