Update went bad....

Reaction score
Update hung up at 99 percent so I started over, now I cant even connect to my ac to try the update again. downloaded the dji assistant 2 and when I log into that, I don't have the options to select to anything. in fact, it tells me how to connect to inspire 2. that's the only thing on the screen after I log in. im dead in the water! any ideas or help!!

I have the exact same problem, does your rc flash green like a data flash when connected to bird?

I tried to connect the two and the rc light flickers not to mention I have no video feed. My bird is jacked up dji is the worst! I'm actually thinking about throwing it away and the hell with this hobby!

Hey Hippie, i fixed it. Pm me and I'll get you straight! You obviously ain't gonna get any help here.

Can't see your version but, but anyhow what happened with your install??? Hung at 99 percent, downloaded file but hung at transmitting? All of these happened to me! Nightmare! Couldn't get help on here, yet so many folks are talking about it. Give me a sec, gonna switch to my pc to type more....

so, I was trying to update to the latest firmware, and I was using the dji assistant with my pc (ausu g750rjx windows 8.1). when I plugged up the AC to the pc and then started the app, I got nothing. The app did not register the AC with dji assistant. Nothing. tried a couple of more times with the same result. Did some searching with led me to my daughters mac book. installed assistant and it immediately saw the AC. downloaded the new firmware but it hung on the transmitting part. Fought with that for two days, racking my brain and trying to get help here. everything I was reading was talking about "CDC serial drivers" for the usb slot. after trying, and trying to find and download one, the next day while at 7/11 I had an idea to ask my neighbor to use his computer (whatever he may have had). He had a Microsoft surface. I downloaded the assistant on his surface, and the update went through in under 5 minutes. in short, I would suggest trying another pc that has the proper drivers to communicate with the AC. Hope this helps (it will!!!!).

Mine continued at 89% where it died the previous attempt. To get it to show the link again in the Assistant 2 app, i had left the drone on a while with a new battery after it died and failed with the froze status bar, then attempted again the following day and it would show. Took me 3 days, however im up and flying. Ialso did the RC first, contrary to what other people will say for me it made no difference which i upgraded first.

Mine continued at 89% where it died the previous attempt. To get it to show the link again in the Assistant 2 app, i had left the drone on a while with a new battery after it died and failed with the froze status bar, then attempted again the following day and it would show. Took me 3 days, however im up and flying. Ialso did the RC first, contrary to what other people will say for me it made no difference which i upgraded first.

exactly (no difference which upgraded first). there is so much misinformation out there!

exactly (no difference which upgraded first). there is so much misinformation out there!
Hi Mate, i tried another PC. Maybe i should try another? I dont have a Mac OSX around the corner of a Surface...Assistant 2 Crashes on 0% Transmitting. So it is just frozen.....

I have normal regular internet, took 3 batteries worth of time to get mine upgraded on an HP desktop with 12gb of RAM. Froze at 13%, 56%, and 89%. Maybe it is the PC.

Are you getting the link that pops up saying you can upgrade though or does it disappear from you?

I tried diffrent PC's. All crash :( I can't see that an update is available

Charge a battery, put it in the drone, leave the controller off and turn the drone on, let it die on its own. Check tomorrow and see if the link is up. Wish i had any other solutions but thats what i did for three days. If the link isnt there tomorrow or it keeps crashing i cant tell you anything else :/ sorry to hear the troubles

Hi Mate, i tried another PC. Maybe i should try another? I dont have a Mac OSX around the corner of a Surface...Assistant 2 Crashes on 0% Transmitting. So it is just frozen.....

dutchflyer, I don't understand??? what PC's have you tried??? I understand that you don't have numerous pc's lying around, but its definitely a driver issue. I got lucky with my neighbor having something that assistant recognized.

Charge a battery, put it in the drone, leave the controller off and turn the drone on, let it die on its own. Check tomorrow and see if the link is up. Wish i had any other solutions but thats what i did for three days. If the link isnt there tomorrow or it keeps crashing i cant tell you anything else :/ sorry to hear the troubles

also, if whatever pc you're using has the correct drivers, you will update in a matter of minutes. one last thing, when I upgraded the RC, I did that with my ipad hooked up to regular dji go 4 app over the air. it recognized that my version was old. over the four days that I was stuck, I downgraded my RC firmware. I was trying everything!!! reply back, we'll get you up and flying!

so the update went through and you're having the listed issues???
Update kept stopping at 99%. I got my RC calibrated now. Video feed is coming through. But the drone just took off hovered and then the remote wouldn't control it at all. No commands. It did say they're was dim light so I'm not sure if that was it going to try again in the morning

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers