Update to My Repair - "motor replacement" = New Bird

Reaction score
I'm starting a new thread as I would like to hear others experiences. I had a noise from a motor. I thought perhaps a bad motor, however some replies I got in my other thread lead me to believe tightening the prop mount screws would have fixed my issue, alas I had already sent the bird in. DJI repair emailed and said they replaced my motor and the bird was on its way back under warranty. The bird has arrived today and she's sporting a completely different serial number!!!!!!!! Why would they tell me they replaced my motor but send me a completely new bird??? Not that I'm complaining. I don't really forsee any issues with having a different aircraft but still, why "replace the motor" but send a new bird?

It doesn't sound like they replaced anything. They just sent you a refurbished bird.

Well, yes quite clearly they sent a new bird... ;) Just wondering why they said in the repair order that they replaced a motor at a cost of $88.00 (covered under warranty)

Well, they did technically repair it. You just didn't get the repaired bird back. I guess it's faster to send out refurbished birds that are ready to be sent out.

Well, they did technically repair it. You just didn't get the repaired bird back. I guess it's faster to send out refurbished birds that are ready to be sent out.

Fair point! And just as I suspected may have been the case. Take the old in and just send out new. Any info on how the shells hold up after being opened and put back together? I wonder if they don't repair yours and send it back as they need to replace the shells after opening so they still look like new.

Any info on how the shells hold up after being opened and put back together?
I haven't opened my P4 shells, but I'm assuming they will hold up just fine if you don't damage them when attempting to open them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj