Update to latest FW from 1.4

Reaction score
Out of the box, my AC firmware is 1.4.10 and controller is 1.4.30. I am using latest iOS Go app. Curiously, using an iPad Air2, firmware version showed up as "firmware unknown" but with iPhone 6s I could see the actual versions. I'm not sure why that happened but I figured out that discrepency. Also. the iPad does not show any alerts to update FW (ready to fly) but the iPhone alerts to update FW even though they are both using the same version of the GO app.
Can I update directly to latest firmware or do I need to step install each older FW version first? There are mixed comments of what to do when I search here. Also, do you turn the AC off when updating the controller?
Thanks for any help.

The AC does not need to be turned on.

I did the update following the detailed steps I downloaded from this forum and it went quickly and smoothly. Although my iPhone 6s shows the correct FW versions in the About section of the app, my iPad air2 shows them as versions unknown. I'm guessing it's an iOS/iPad thing and I may do a restore to see if that clears it up.
I'm planning on buying a cheap trainer drone to practice with for a few weeks but I needed to make sure the update worked as my return window for the Phantom was running out. Thanks for all the advice and help as I learn the ropes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1