Update the GPS?

Reaction score
I have installed the add-ons to my FC40 to get the iPad GS operating. The GPS unit has a constant red light that DJI says I need to update the firmware in the GPS. I don't have a PC. The Mac seems to be all that is needed as far as I can see for everything but a one time update of the GPS. Any ideas short of buying one? Can I do it at the library?
Or is this not the problem but something else. The directions seem clear that a solid red indicates a need to upgrade. When I do connect the USB from the quad to the Mac in the NAZA app, when I go to UPGRADES it says "please connect to the controller"
Sorry if these are stupid comments but it is a steep learning curve when documentation is scattered and less than complete.
Thanks

When you say "GPS" I assume you mean the groundstation unit and not the GPS module (the GPS is part of the Phantom, not a groundstation component)?

If you're talking about the groundstation, you need to first update the ground end by connecting that to the computer and running the software. To update the firmware on the air end, you will need to plug that in directly to the ground unit with the canbus cable, and then the software will allow you to update that component as well.

Bottom of page 3: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .10_en.pdf

No, you don't have to have GPS coverage to update the groundstation, it'll work even if the groundstation isn't linked to the aircraft. In fact, to update the air end of the groundstation it has to be physically connected to the ground end via the canbus cable that came with it.

While there is a Mac version of the Assistant software for the Phantom, updating the groundstation requires Windows, so you'll need to either run an emulator on your Mac or find a buddy with a PC who can help you get that updated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic