Update P4P RC?

Follow the detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Plug in your device to the controller, make sure it has an internet connection. Turn on the app, wait on the home screen and a prompt should come up if there is a firmware update for the drone. After you update the drone, open the app to the camera first person view. After a few moments another dialog should come up saying there is a RC firmware update.

I'm not getting the download option. But my RC firmware has a - behind it? Any ideas why?

Did you install an RC firmware update yet? If not, try formatting your memory card and then restart everything.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Did you install an RC firmware update yet? If not, try formatting your memory card and then restart everything.
I just updated the aircraft firmware through assistant 2 since when I try to update it through dji go 4 it gives me this screen. I unplug from controller and plug into aircraft using the provided dingle and it exits the screen and goes back to the main page where it says GO FLY

It's still tells me updates required when I start up. What am I missing? I've never had this problem with my P4

Did you do as I suggested? Do you see the update message in the camera view or the home screen of DJI GO?

How about my other question?

It says in update log that tripod mode is added. I DO have tripod mode so maybe it is updated but my controller needs to be updated? And for whatever reason (probably because I'm on android) it's not showing me that specific update?

I completely understand. Please try my suggestion above.

If you do start to update things, just make sure to update the drone first, before updating the RC.
The problem is I can't figure out how to install the RC update. It's not giving me the option like the p4 and mavic did through dji go main screen

One step at a time my friend :)

Reactions: KingDad1985
The problem is I can't figure out how to install the RC update. It's not giving me the option like the p4 and mavic did through dji go main screen
As Kman stated, you may not get an "RC update" notice until you finish the drone update first.

Do you really mean you aren't getting the "firmware update required" message? If that's the case, try restarting the Go4 app. If you are sure you have an internet connection with your smart device (preferably through a home wifi access point, not through the cellular connection) and it's still not giving you the "firmware required message" on the home screen of the GO4 app, shut everything down, OFF. Reboot everything and try again.

I assume you have compared the firmware version shown in the ABOUT section of the GO4 app, right? What version does this show on the craft and RC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic