Update on Xdynamics' Carbon Fiber Quadcopter

Yeh not the best look,must say i do like remote split screen ,bit pricy,

It seems pricey if it's going up against the P4. How does the Animon technology that it's using compare against Lightbridge?

It seems pricey if it's going up against the P4. How does the Animon technology that it's using compare against Lightbridge?
Here's a quick comparison of some of the important details (P4 pro specs underlined):

Xdynamics Evolve P4 pro

Weight (including battery and propellers) 2.27 kg (5 pounds) 1.388 kg (3 lbs)
Max Altitude 1000 metres 500 metres
Max Speed 40 mph 45 mph
Max Ascent Speed 11.2 m/s 6 m/s
Max Descent Speed 4.5 m/s 4 m/s
Max Flight Time Approx 20 min Approx 30 min
Sensors same as P4 pro + Lidar
Camera 12 MP, similar to P3 pro
Max Transmission Distance (FCC) 1 km 7 km

It's a heavy beast with a camera that's a step backward.
Unless the legs fold up, it's going to need a big travel case.
Some details might attract some buyers. In some areas, it's not competitive, some it is.
The inclusion of Lidar might be interesting and could be something to watch for in future DJI drones if it's useful.
I think the carbon shell is more for marketing than anything else.
As long as you don't smash into things, it doesn't matter. If you do, it's not going to be much help anyway.

Reactions: tml4191
So you have a drone that weighs 40% more and has 33% less battery life than a P4? The remote looks interesting, but part of the value of a DJI drone is the 3rd party apps like Litchi.

The carbon fiber shell is marketing feature for people who thing that carbon fiber is magical. What is the value of having a carbon fiber shell? If it's to make the shell less likely to break in a crash, I don't know if that is a desirable feature. If your AC crashes with enough force to crack a plastic shell, what happens if the shell is carbon fiber? The same force and stress of the crash are being applied. Since the carbon fiber shell can take more stress without cracking, that stress is going somewhere else. Like the motherboard or motor and/or gimbal mounts. Of all of the major pieces to replace on a drone, isn't the shell cheaper than the other components?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20