Update on Garage project with model workshop using P3P

Reaction score
Some may know that I am building a large garage with an additional two floors to accommodate my extensive model hangar and workshop gear ... yes I am a prolific model builder ...

We have reached point where we are readying walls to accept the metal support beams to take second floor etc.

Building is 12.6m x 7.6m giving internal 12 x 7m for 2.5 floors ... planned lounge and bar as well on 2nd floor with the modekl workshop. Includes Laser Cutting gear and 3D printers along with bench saws, foam cutters etc.

I used my P3P to do a fly-round as before .....

Nigel

Some may know that I am building a large garage with an additional two floors to accommodate my extensive model hangar and workshop gear ... yes I am a prolific model builder ...

We have reached point where we are readying walls to accept the metal support beams to take second floor etc.

Building is 12.6m x 7.6m giving internal 12 x 7m for 2.5 floors ... planned lounge and bar as well on 2nd floor with the modekl workshop. Includes Laser Cutting gear and 3D printers along with bench saws, foam cutters etc.

I used my P3P to do a fly-round as before .....

Nigel
You are living the dream Nigel. I'd love to have a garage like that one. Question - are you allowed to simply build what you want on your property there or do you also need to deal with local government intervention unless you pay them fees of some sort?

Its actually quite involved and needs full project creation by architect etc.

They check that it does not block sight of main building ... all sorts that drives you nuts !!

I'm lucky that I am one of the few 'foreign employers' here and that gives me access to 'the people' to talk to.

Town Chief Exec is pal .. I'm negotiating RC Car track site and possible opening up of Airport to RC flying again .. but anyway he along with Towns Chief Architect / Building Inspectors - I discussed and had everything sorted quick. No corruption honest - just friend to friend ...

My house and land is the largest 'plot' sold within town borders and is right next to Mayors pet project. So it all suits his program ...

I had a road passing through the land when I bought it ... I asked them to re-route ... I was told that was planned for 2011. OK ... no problem - I'm happy.
In 2007 on a Saturday evening - Council architects came to my house with new road plans to sign and agree. Two days later - the workers arrived and two weeks later they laid the grass turf ... road was moved.
They told me - they had received orders from Mayor ... priority job !!

Yes its privileged life - but I do loose out on things ... there are no Hobby Shops of consequence here ... shops don't have many of the things you consider normal. BUT I have my yachts (3 of them) at bottom of garden in private channel ... I have 30kms of deep wide river to play on ... and access to Baltic Sea for my larger yacht.

There is no way I could afford this back in UK .....

Nigel

Reactions: umanbean and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj