UPDATE*Lost transmitter connection after P2V firmware update

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Purchased the P2V at the end of November and have successfully run 4 full batteries with no issues. I decided to perform the latest firmware updates on both the P2V and the transmitter.
Since I've run the updates, I'm showing flashing yellows on the P2V and have lost transmitter communication with the P2V. I've checked and reloaded both the P2V and the transmitter updates. I'm able to calibrate the transmitter through the RC Assistant, but when I try to use the transmitter through the P2V Assistant, nothing happens. I'm also receiving an error message when the P2V is plugged in through the USB.

The error is

CFG-ERR ,followed by this message---Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version, or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters.

The transmitter has a solid green light and the P2V isn't showing a "link" light. Both the transmitter batteries and P2V battery are fresh. I've tried to relink the transmitter and receiver per the manual, but the receiver isn't flashing.

I've been all over the forums with no luck concerning this issue with the new P2V, only the Phantom.

Any suggestions?

Great site by the way!

Re: Lost transmitter connection after P2V software update

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. When you upgrade, sometimes the type of transmitter gets screwed up in the configuration. Go to NAZA Assistant software, turn on your transmitter and hook-up your Phantom. Then check under "Basic" and choose RC. You'll find three types of transmitters on top, Tradition, DBus and PPM. You'll also be able to track any movement in your joysticks when you do this. I don't recall which mine is, but your joysticks won't work right until you select the right transmitter. Try that and see if it fixes the problem.

map85086 said:
I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. When you upgrade, sometimes the type of transmitter gets screwed up in the configuration. Go to NAZA Assistant software, turn on your transmitter and hook-up your Phantom. Then check under "Basic" and choose RC. You'll find three types of transmitters on top, Tradition, DBus and PPM. You'll also be able to track any movement in your joysticks when you do this. I don't recall which mine is, but your joysticks won't work right until you select the right transmitter. Try that and see if it fixes the problem.

Whats the different between Tradition, DBus and PPM?

Niels187 said:
map85086 said:

Whats the different between Tradition, DBus and PPM?

Different formats for the Receiver to communicate to the NAZA. Traditional = standard 1-connection/cable-per-channel setup. DBus and PPM are both single-connection setups (minimum of 1 cable to the NAZA instead of 5), similar to each other but work a little different. The receiver used will be what determines whether you have to connect via Tradition, DBus or PPM.

Early Phantoms had a PPM receiver before DJI switched to DBus to help with some known issues. If you add an aftermarket receiver to the Phantom, you're able to use just about any you want with enough channels, those that don't support DBus (aka SBus) or PPM can always be connected via Traditional...it's just messier that way.

I'll give it a shot tonight and let you know how it works out.
I really appreciate your help!

Okay, tried reconnecting the P2V to the Assistant software which includes the NAZAM at the top under the Phantom 2 Vision icon.
I'm still not able to see any functions from the transmitter. Under the RC tab it shows DBUS, but since the transmitter will not connect I'm not sure if this is correct. Assistant software for the P2V will not let you change the type of transmitter as far as I can see.
I also tried the NAZA Assistant software on its own with no luck. My P2V will not connect.
I know I'm probably missing something simple here, but I can't seem to find it!

Quick overview of my problem.

1. Performed P2V and RC firmware updates and lost RC/transmitter connection. Both show most current firmwares.
2. Rapid flashing yellow LED's on P2V, no transmitter present.
3. Solid green LED on RC/transmitter.
4. P2V will connect to the Assistance software, but the RC/transmitter will not connect.
5. The RC/transmitter will connect to the RC Assistant software and I'm able to calibrate.
6. Relink button on bottom of P2V does not show any lights, I've tried to relink anyways with no luck.

I'm totally open to all suggestion!

Re: Lost transmitter connection after P2V firmware update

Have you resolved your problem ? I am having the same issues .

Mkratty said:
Have you resolved your problem ? I am having the same issues .

Not as of yet. I did receive an email back from the vendor stating that it sounds like the receiver itself went bad.
I'm hoping to have a new receiver shipped ASAP so I can finally resolve this.
I'll keep you posted!

Have you tried turning the controller to d-bus mode ? I think the latest controllers don't use the old modes ppm , I've just tried mine and it seems to work ok will let you know tomorrow after test fight .

Mkratty said:
Have you tried turning the controller to d-bus mode ? I think the latest controllers don't use the old modes ppm , I've just tried mine and it seems to work ok will let you know tomorrow after test fight .

Part of my problem is that the Assistant software does not see the transmitter.
I can't edit any of the fields due to lack of communication at this point.
Any things possible, but I find it hard to believe that the updates cooked the receiver.

You are changing the reciever on the quad not the transmitter .... The transmitter is already working is already preset in d-bus mode . If your plugging in the quad then your changing the reciever not transmitter ?

Mkratty said:
You are changing the reciever on the quad not the transmitter .... The transmitter is already working is already preset in d-bus mode . If your plugging in the quad then your changing the reciever not transmitter ?

The Assistant software won't let me change anything to do with the receiver due to the fault. With the P2V plugged into the Assistant software, I should be able to see the motions of the transmitter and run a calibration, which I can't.

Look on the bottom of your hand set

V 1.1.1 Works in D-bus mode

V1.2 Works in Ppm mode

Once you do the software update and load default setting on the quad this is set to ppm mode so you need to change it in the naza software assistant to d-bus mode .
As far as I can tell all the latest controllers are v1.1.1 ( newer controllers have the factory fitted gimbal lever on bottom I think ? )

Reading previous posts this seems like this is definitely your problem .

fatttire775 said:
Mkratty said:

The Assistant software won't let me change anything to do with the receiver due to the fault. With the P2V plugged into the Assistant software, I should be able to see the motions of the transmitter and run a calibration, which I can't.

Yes you won't see anything until you change the mode to d-bus . You need to tell the quad to receive d-bus first . Then all the motions will activate

Mkratty said:
Look on the bottom of your hand set

V 1.1.1 Works in D-bus mode

V1.2 Works in Ppm mode

Once you do the software update and load default setting on the quad this is set to ppm mode so you need to change it in the naza software assistant to d-bus mode .
As far as I can tell all the latest controllers are v1.1.1 ( newer controllers have the factory fitted gimbal lever on bottom I think ? )

Reading previous posts this seems like this is definitely your problem .

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or in the wrong order.

I would hope that I was shipped the latest controller, but I see a lot of old stock being sent out. My controller is not equipped with the gimbal lever on the back.

I've followed all of the software updates for both the P2V and the controller, but I could have missed something.

The Naza assistant will not connect to the P2V to make any changes and the P2 assistant shows the receiver type as D-Bus when attached to the P2V.

I run through everything again.

Hi guys. Have the same symptom after trying to install larger battery (2700mah) into Phantom v 1.1.1 - no receiver reaction on link button. Receiver of new type - with two antennas, transmitter also new type with lever on the back (Phantom2 written inside of it). Have you already get your receiver to make sure the problem is in it?

imles said:
Hi guys. Have the same symptom after trying to install larger battery (2700mah) into Phantom v 1.1.1 - no receiver reaction on link button. Receiver of new type - with two antennas, transmitter also new type with lever on the back (Phantom2 written inside of it). Have you already get your receiver to make sure the problem is in it?
The replacement receiver is due in from Dronefly later tomorrow.
I'll post if the replacement corrects the problem after the install.

Hello, sorry to be late to this party, I didn't notice this until now as it wasn't in the Vision section.

I had an issue when updating firmware last year where the receiver threw a wobbler - in the Vision Assistant firmware section it was showing recveiver firmware as 0.0.0.0 and I thought I'd bricked it.

I found a solution - using the previous version of the Vision Assistant (v1.0 in my case) it immediately allowed me to update the receiver firmware and everything was then absolutely fine. Let me know if you want it with your email via PM and I'll send it to you. Plug into the Vision Assistant software and go to the updates tab. Check what receiver firmware you've got. If it says 0.0.0.0 then this should solve it.

Pull_Up said:
Hello, sorry to be late to this party, I didn't notice this until now as it wasn't in the Vision section.

I had an issue when updating firmware last year where the receiver threw a wobbler - in the Vision Assistant firmware section it was showing recveiver firmware as 0.0.0.0 and I thought I'd bricked it.

I found a solution - using the previous version of the Vision Assistant (v1.0 in my case) it immediately allowed me to update the receiver firmware and everything was then absolutely fine. Let me know if you want it with your email via PM and I'll send it to you. Plug into the Vision Assistant software and go to the updates tab. Check what receiver firmware you've got. If it says 0.0.0.0 then this should solve it.

PM sent.

I'll give it a shot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31