Update Help :(

Reaction score
Hello, I have tried and tried to update the firmware on my p3 advanced with no luck. Followed ALL the instructions 10 times. Drone NEVER starts beeping like instructions said. Green lights are flashing fast as well as the camera green light but no other beeping. Help please

I have tried and tried to update the firmware on my p3 advanced with no luck.
Not sure why you are updating, you don't need to. But can you list the steps you used to do this, so we can know what you did?

Downloaded firmware from DJI (Phantom 3 Advanced)
Unzipped it to a drive, copied to micro sd
Inserted in drone and started drone
Green lights are fast flashing on craft
Green/red light on camera flashing alternatively

Its sitting here flashing but no beeps
According to DJI it should be beeping during upgrade but its not .
Im afraid to turn on the controller
Or shut the drone off

I was having trouble connecting DJI Go or Litchi.

Thank you for your help

I was having trouble connecting DJI Go or Litchi.
What kind of issue with connecting? This is most likely another cause. Firmware will not help that. You can turn off the drone but do not turn on the controller. Now, I grant you I have only done the update process once and that was over 2 years ago, and had no issues with it, nor any since, other than to change device's due to slow performance issues. Also, did you format the SD card and put the .bin file in the root directory with nothing else on the card?

Also, just to add a note. When you are doing an update, you should have a fan running to keep airflow to the gimbal. Leaving the aircraft on for an extended period of time without that can overheat the gimbal board and toast it. Also, what version do you have on the AC, and which are you attempting to update to.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Just update with app with device into drone usb,,,I have never downloaded to any sd card to update firmware,that seems stupid to me,,and it seems most that do this have bad luck,,just use device with Internet and plug into drone and update that way has worked for me evertime, I always have bit of a laugh when people try sd card way,it's not the way to update,,my 2 cents,got OTG adapter, makes mini usb to mini usb so it fit device and drone at same time

Reactions: 3rdof5
Just update with app with device into drone usb,,,I have never downloaded to any sd card to update firmware,that seems stupid to me,,and it seems most that do this have bad luck,,just use device with Internet and plug into drone and update that way has worked for me evertime, I always have bit of a laugh when people try sd card way,it's not the way to update,,my 2 cents,got OTG adapter, makes mini usb to mini usb so it fit device and drone at same time
Not so stupid since that is how a P3A and a P3P are updated.

Hmmm....Wondering if I was too late with Post#5.....Repeating 10 times is quite a while.....
5146.gif

For real ,I had no idea,can't it update like p4 and p3s with OTG adapter
Not that I am aware of. It has always been SD card for AC, and app for RC since. 1.08.8 as best I recall...

Not that I am aware of. It has always been SD card for AC, and app for RC since. 1.08.8 as best I recall...
OK thanks for correction,,I been under the impression you could update with OTG with all phantoms,,I don't have pro or advance but did think it that how it done,,thanks for that,,sorry for posting wrong info,,o_O learn something everyday,

OK can be done either way,,usb or download to sd card
That is just to copy the file to the SD card. The actual update is done without the cable, from the SD card. That is an extra unnecessary step, but it will work. Its much easier just to put the file directly on the card, bypassing the extra OTG cable step.

That is just to copy the file to the SD card. The actual update is done without the cable, from the SD card. That is an extra unnecessary step, but it will work. Its much easier just to put the file directly on the card, bypassing the extra OTG cable step.
Very good info,thankyou for explain to me,because I avoid it (sd card way) I have never bothered to question or learn about it,now I have bit of understanding on that thanks again,,good luck at bobn2 did you win ,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost