Update firmware and Carbon Proppelers

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Today i put the usb into computer and have a new update from 3.04 to 3.06 should i update to 3.06 cause some people said that it have issues when the drone flying in wrong positions and gets mad ! Should i update or not?

Another question
What you think about installing Carbonfibre propelers on vision+ instead of standard propellers?
Will it be useful ? What good and bad? Anyone have experience?

Thanks

I can't tell you whether you should upgrade or not, but fwiw 3.06 vs 3.04 is supposed to CORRECT problems with flight behavior due to magnetic declination, not "cause" problems :)

the general consensus around here is that CF props are absolutely not necessary. They're more dangerous in that they can severely injure someone vs a mild injury with the plastic props if you happen to hit a person. Also in terms of their flight characteristics they supposedly are less stable which can lead to issues in your video recordings. I say "supposedly" because I've never tried personally, just going on the myriad discussions I've seen around this forum regarding them.
It's hard to say they would "perform better" since our flight performance is crippled in the firmware (max tilt / speed, ascent/descent limits etc) not physical equipment... unless you're flying in full manual mode.

imho there's no real reason to bother with CF props other than looks or to make yourself feel 'cool'. stick to the standard props, if you care about looks they come in standard white, red tips, blue tips, or grey. or you could use a sharpie and color them any color you want :)

Thanks for a full answer.
By the way you said that props comes in different colors for v+ ? Cant find them in internet ,found only chinese cheap copy.

Trypto said:
Thanks for a full answer.
By the way you said that props comes in different colors for v+ ? Cant find them in internet ,found only chinese cheap copy.

quick FYI - Phantom 2 props are the same for Vision / Non-Vision so you don't have to worry there however be careful you DO NOT want the "8 inch" props that are curved, those are for Phantom 1.

I'm not sure if this link will work for you since it's a search, but try this:
http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc/sh ... rs&submit=

if that doesn't work, go to http://www.atlantahobby.com and in the search bar type "phantom 2 propellers". I even forgot about the pink tipped ones. those are of course official DJI propellers

Cool, i also checked they are different typer 9443 and 9450 ! What are the difference ? Which is better , and what is the standard props on v+ 9443 or 9450?

Trypto said:
Cool, i also checked they are different typer 9443 and 9450 ! What are the difference ? Which is better , and what is the standard props on v+ 9443 or 9450?

I did a little bit of googling and came up with this:
"Improved design to increase extra 100g lift force more than original 9443 props" and "achieve up to 2 mins more flight time"

edit: I found a thread here discussing them, read the last few pages people seem to indicate they're getting slightly less performance with the 9450. *shrug* I don't feel like I need to be able to lift heavier load, and I have 3 batteries so 1-2 mins extra on each battery... meh I don't really care. I'll probably stick with my originals
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20292

fwiw, the performance on the P1 and other DJI quadcopters seems to be much better using the 9450's. just not on Phantom 2's

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj