update fimware

Reaction score
I just had the balls enough to update the firmware on my P2.
I followed the not so great directions. I turn the P2 on, plugged into my Mac. asked if I was sure I wanted to update, I did. At the end in gave me two things. "Click OK and Power Cycle the Phantom 2" what does that mean, turn it on? second, gave me a "Compass-Err" Abnormal compass data. Please restart the flight controller or reconnect the compass due to loss connection. If this error continues, please contact DJI and good freaken luck.

What is that telling me to do?

Anyone?
Thanks.

how do you load an image?

Sullivanstudios said:
I just had the balls enough to update the firmware on my P2.
I followed the not so great directions. I turn the P2 on, plugged into my Mac. asked if I was sure I wanted to update, I did. At the end in gave me two things. "Click OK and Power Cycle the Phantom 2" what does that mean, turn it on? second, gave me a "Compass-Err" Abnormal compass data. Please restart the flight controller or reconnect the compass due to loss connection. If this error continues, please contact DJI and good freaken luck.

What is that telling me to do?

Anyone?
Thanks.

how do you load an image?

Did you power off the battery then power on? That's what is meant by power cycle.

Try the IMU calibration (I'd do both the basic and the advanced calibrations), then do the compass dance outside. You might be able to get away with just the compass dance, but the IMU calibration doesn't take much time. Besides, that should eliminate all the issues. If not, there this something bigger to worry about.

How do I do that. I can't find anything about what to do once you plug it in to the program. Can you do anything with it?

Sullivan,

Can you tell me which firmware got updated?

I updated Central Board Firmware to v1.0.1.31 and got the same error. I am familiar with the manuals and the updating process and still struggle with this compass error. Although not much comfort and I fly carefully since this update, the Phantom does not blink the error code when not connected to a computer.

Please note a new firmware (3.0.6) was released today. It is my hope this bug or fault (you and I are experiencing) is fixed with this update.

As others have suggested, read the available manuals and become familiar with the software and all the possible calibrations, including but limited to the calibration of the remote control using the RC Assistant.

With a questionable update on your Phantom now, I would suggest you wait a couple of days before trying the newest, just released firmware update to see how it works out for the more seasoned Phantom Pilots. I know I'm waiting.

Please perform all the calibrations before flying again. See if the error goes away.

It is not uncommon to get that error directly after updating the firmware. Once you power cycle, it clears. It is an erroneous alert.

I have read the instruction that came with the phantom several time. Am I missing something? I have not see anything that explains the software for the phantom. How to use it, what it does and how to make changes and for what reason.
I was able to futz with it enough to see that I was able to Cali the compass, on my own.
I am very computer savy and did not see anything on the software. AGAIN, am I missing something?
I am also an information geek. I value this site and other so I am not one of those that screws thing up and throws money away by losing my property.
I no longer get this error message. I will wait a few days to see if there is any issues with the new update, great advise.
Again, I appreciate advise I get from the more experienced flyers. Some day, I will be that flyer and will pass on what I have learned. I am a professional photographer and give advise to people who want to learn my craft all the time. I understand the value in experience.
Thank you again, sorry for the rant. Don't like feeling like I just got slapped for being stupid.
"The only stupid question is the one the don't ask"

Michigan_PI said:
It is not uncommon to get that error directly after updating the firmware. Once you power cycle, it clears. It is an erroneous alert.

In my case, I would normally would agree, but nothing I did eliminated the error. It continues to show up whenever the Phantom is plugged into the computer. Unlike the bogus "too hot" message, I take compass errors messages seriously.

ME:
There is no 3.06 firmware update available on MAC ??
Customer Service
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.
ME:
When will 3.06 firmware be available for MAC user? My P2 ASST. software is 3.0 (MAC) ?

So when does 3.06 really become available?

I had to go to dji site and download the new assistant.
Said no upgrade needed in my old assistant as it normally does.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik