P3 Firmware Update failed - blue light stuck on

Reaction score
Hello dear friends.

I know this is Phantom forum. But it seems that I don't have time to create account on Inspire forum.

I tried to update my Inspire 1 RC with newest software - same as in Phantom , by DJI GO app.
App has downloaded firmware and start to update it. At 97% it shows failed message.

From this moment I got blue light on controller when I start it. No sound, so movements seen on calibrate screen. Nothing at all.
Battery 95-100%

I tried:
Reset RC via button command. No luck
Update via SD card. No luck, even no log!
Update gs_ofdm.bin (some kind of secret...). No luck, no log!

Now, DJI GO app shows Update Required, but as soon as I press UPDATE it is stuck on 0% for few seconds. Then tablet show that RC has been again connected via USB. Next it shows Update failed. when I click RETRY then it shows DISCONNECTED.
After manually reconnect RC to tablet and try to update - same thing. 0% no sound at all and Disconnected message.

Any helps? Please!

update my Inspire 1 RC

Looking over at DJI forum you are not the only one with this issue and apparently some are waiting on DJI to resolve it........

First off - Make sure you only have the remote and the iPad and GO App turned on. DO NOT have the inspire 1 connected during the process.

You can roll back to your last version ....... check out this video at DJI forum (about half way down the page) DJI Forum|Latest inspire 1 update problems

Seems that I cannot also roll back. Name of equipment: N/A , Version: N/A .
:(
Any ideas?

Seems that I cannot also roll back. Name of equipment: N/A , Version: N/A .

Saw this on another site.............seems to have helped others with the issue you are having.

the gs_ofmd.bin was created at v1.2.0.17 and if you used it, you may need to try the v1.3.0.00 Firmware. Currently the GO App downloads the v1.5.8 RC firmware from THIS LINK....., so it's NOT in the aircraft firmware anymore. For the Android, the GO App stages it in the DJI/dji.pilot/Package folder. You may want to look there and see if your GO App still has the package staged for download...

There is also this video for a "hard reset" of your controller (same controller for P3P and Inspire 1)...........

I tried this. Problem is that my RTH doesnt lights up. Dji go app still stuck at 0% update for few seconds and then disconnects RC sayig "update failed". When i click "retry" it says "disconnected".

You mean you tried this..........

the gs_ofmd.bin was created at v1.2.0.17 and if you used it, you may need to try the v1.3.0.00 Firmware. Currently the GO App downloads the v1.5.8 RC firmware from THIS LINK....., so it's NOT in the aircraft firmware anymore. For the Android, the GO App stages it in the DJI/dji.pilot/Package folder. You may want to look there and see if your GO App still has the package staged for download...

Or did you mean you tried the "hard reset'?

Here is also what someone else did to make it work,,,,,,

Do a "hard reset" ...with the SD card removed...........(c1+c2+video record+camera setting dial and then turn on controller)

The Go app update decided to go through and update the downloaded update, so it appears to be working now.

The only thing I did was take out the micro sd card from the usb on the controller and did the reset of the controller.

Seems to be working now and update is 1.7.6 (controller 1.5.80). I do notice, with the new update on the Go app and under 'About,' they only list "version" and "remote controller." I assume "version" is for the aircraft, but 1.6 said specifically "aircraft version."

This has also worked for some...........

If you cannot update the RC and it's not on 1.3 or above the only way to update is to put 1.3 onto a USB stick and update the RC through the USB port.

Then after the RC has 1.3, all further updates to the RC are done through the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4