UPDATE...DJI SERVICE IS NOT HONEST...or are they just overwhelmed?

Reaction score
DJI had my undamaged drone, covered by warranty, assessed. They said $178. They looked at the wrong drone or they got some papers mixed up. Clearly they gave me the wrong estimate and weeks of phone calls, (12 hours altogether) finally got them to reassess the drone I sent in. They sent me an email saying sorry we made a mistake. Fast forward more than 2 weeks. They finally decided that I was right and supposedly fixed my drone camera problems, mechanical shutter and unlevel horizon. No charge they said after holding my drone hostage for an erroneous mistake on their first assessment. The mechanical shutter still doesn't work all the time and the unlevel horizon is also unchanged. So DJI your batting average is .000. Zero for two.

This drone is unusable for commercial videography. The broken mechanical shutter and an unlevel horizon renders my aircraft useless for my work, yay!

My choices are...live with only a conventional rolling shutter and an unlevel horizon or send it back to them. Which one would you choose?

There are many (I've heard from quite a few of them) who say I'm not giving DJI a chance. They say I am over reacting. What do you think?

I know it's dodging the question, but can you clear up a couple of points? What do you mean by "rolling shutter"? Surely the shutter works or doesn't work (excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something basic).
Also, in what way is the horizon not level? I just ask because I had a situation where it was wavy. Others report it simply not at zero degrees. Either way there is a fix, apparently.
In answer to your question, I've heard so many stories which at best involve being sent a different, and not always better, drone back that I would only send it to a non - DJI repair outfit. Depending on where you are, someone will suggest a place you can send it.

I won't try to educate you about a rolling shutter. You can see what DJI says about the benefits of a mechanical shutter. The rolling shutter is the default shutter.

One of the main selling points of the Pro 4 is the mechanical shutter. It is one of the best aspects of this aircraft for a videographer. A rolling shutter distorts motion and a mechanical one doesn't.

The picture is tilted to one side always. I think that saying that the horizon is always unlevel speaks for itself. What about that is not understandable?

I won't try to educate you about a rolling shutter. You can see what DJI says about the benefits of a mechanical shutter. The rolling shutter is the default shutter.

One of the main selling points of the Pro 4 is the mechanical shutter. It is one of the best aspects of this aircraft for a videographer. A rolling shutter distorts motion and a mechanical one doesn't.

The picture is tilted to one side always. I think that saying that the horizon is always unlevel speaks for itself. What about that is not understandable?
Well like I said, the horizon could be off a few degrees or wavy, but if you respond like that when someone is merely asking for clarification then good luck to you.

Have you calibrated the gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4